Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

new break pads

pappu']

[quote name='Shale said:

PS. race oriented pads be a bit of a bother on the streets just as a safety point i think -- what if need to break suddenly and hard when the breaks are cold as - e.g. a kid runs after a ball right in front of u just few feet from your driveway and u comming out with bold as breaks...shudder...

Depends Pappu..my Hawk HP performnace Plus have saved more dogs than i care to remember....they dont need warming up to work well enough.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest loren
 Shale said:

Optical... those questions need no answers, they should be obvious.

1) Check the stats. Average corolla isn't quite as quick. Srsly. Go check the stats.

come off it stats? have you DRIVEN a corolla? they are faster than you think obviously.

Actually yes, I have driven a Corolla as a matter of fact. Given it was only a 1.8L, perhaps I was mistaken in being sorely disappointed and bored to tears.

The only 'rolla I'll ever drive is an AE86, frankly. The above wasn't it.

loren']

[quote name='pappu said:

what size bolt is it at the break caliper..?

14 ay?

thats the only one i will need rite?

/quote]

yes two 14mm bolts is all.

edit: you may need an 8mm to loosen off the bleed nipple in order to open the caliper a bit.

its 2 * 16 mm bolts - just found out this morning

is 14 mm on the GC shape models 4 pot breaks?

also - what are the general thoughts on removing the break shield thing that is mounted behind the rotor - the round metal plate the size of the rotor.

i have been told its a break hseild to keep the rotors warmed up evenly - is it really that necessary to have - does removing it cause less heat in the rotors on the track?

thanks

Guest loren
 pappu']

[quote name='pappu said:

14 ay?

/quote]

edit: you may need an 8mm to loosen off the bleed nipple in order to open the caliper a bit.

crap. yes 14mm for GC8... pretty sure, but I am wrong a lot at the moment it seems.

so it seems subaru have the same calipers on the v7 yet they went to the 16mm bolts...strange..

the only thig i can think of is maybe since mine are the sti wagon spec - something to do with that - otherwise no idea,,

Guest loren
 pappu said:

so it seems subaru have the same calipers on the v7 yet they went to the 16mm bolts...strange..

the only thig i can think of is maybe since mine are the sti wagon spec - something to do with that - otherwise no idea,,

hmm, I took my rear calipers off recently so know they are 14mm, the front might be 14 or 17...

I don't remember seeing a 16mm bolt anywhere on the car though.

Shale said:

Actually yes, I have driven a Corolla as a matter of fact. Given it was only a 1.8L, perhaps I was mistaken in being sorely disappointed and bored to tears.

The only 'rolla I'll ever drive is an AE86, frankly. The above wasn't it.

Compared to the FWD AE82/92's the AE86 was an axle-tramping tractor.

Definitely inferior handling to the better sorted FWD performance Corollas.

Lol. I wouldn't drive a Corolla for performance, good or bad. I'd drive a specifically panda-treated 86 for the tofu factor. Drive, not own. ;)

Compared to the 09 STi Spec C RA-R, our GC8 (yes, especially mine) are horse-drawn carts. :P

• General Member
 TURTLE said:

I loved my corolla, the valve bouncing demon that it was.

And the new corollas are not too bad, had plenty of rentals which have been quicker than most older 2L cars ive driven.

1.8l vvti model.

I second that, I was stuck in one for a while until my new work car came. Handing it back was a sad day i nthe end. I grew attatched to the bloody thing.

pappu']

[quote name='pappu said:

14 ay?

/quote]

also - what are the general thoughts on removing the break shield thing that is mounted behind the rotor - the round metal plate the size of the rotor.

i have been told its a break hseild to keep the rotors warmed up evenly - is it really that necessary to have - does removing it cause less heat in the rotors on the track?

thanks

Its a sheild for weather. First time ive heard of that one you mentioned. I took my back ones off to fit my adaptors. Never had a prob.

on corollas - bah to them - although the new fielder wagons do look nice to have as a good family car - for the money i would hightly prefer a mazda3 - wayy better in most departments - or the ford focus....

anyway, the heatshield/weather shield thing - im planning to take it off - assuming it allows more cooling of breaks on the track...

but then i think - will it allow things like stones etc to mnaybe enter on some bad-issh roads - lol - pot holes and the lot

Hmm I think there was some communication break down here.

I said that the Ferodo Excell's were the top ones we stock on the shelf, and when you told me how much you wanted to spend, and that you just wanted a decent pad, nothing to expencive, i reccomended them.

I have had neumerous good feedback from customers who use them on the road, and on the track.

And as for repco only being able to get average parts is a load of crap. We only stock the average to medium quality stuff, as thats all most people want. If you ask us, we can get anything in. From EBC brakes, to Brembo's etc. It just costs more. Usually will have it there the next day as well.

My 2c.

Cheers

• General Member

I usualy use Supercheap, same deal as what Miller said they dont have the high quality stuff in stock but they can usualy get it in overnight.

Plus a mate of mine gets me staff discount, saves me a few dollars.

Miller said:

I have had neumerous good feedback from customers who use them on the road, and on the track.

finally managed to catch up to the mechanic - and he gave thumbs up for the pads !! :)

will update on their performance once test it out

TURTLE']

[quote name='pappu said:

/quote]

Please do, one would suspect not quite as good as TS2000, but if they do well enough then could be an option for the Bendix Crowd.

How much were they?

got them from miller at greenlane repco - (they were cheap as - he did a *clubsub discount i think)..

not sure if i should put the price here - but best to ask him directly for a killer deal ;)

Lol. The Greenlane Repco is the only one I go to, now you know why ;)

The others I've gone to seem to be staffed by ricers, stoners, or kids that've had their face in the glue again. And refuse to do any sweet deals :(

TURTLE']

[quote name='pappu said:

/quote]

Please do, one would suspect not quite as good as TS2000, but if they do well enough then could be an option for the Bendix Crowd.

How much were they?

The Excels and Bendix Ultimate are both rated to 550 degrees with a friction co-efficient of 0.36 for the Excel, no frictio co. for Bendix.

Compare with the Formula/TS2000; 650 degree, 0.46.

And Ferodo Racing DS2500; 650 degree, 0.50