(thats just going off the last pic)

rs_with_a_kick said:

sooo... if im wanting to do a spilt rail setup, all i need to get is,

1 right rail with fuel reg

?mtrs of fuel line

couple of T joiners

?mtrs vac line

if you wish to use factory regs, then yes thats all you need.

funkytown said:

hurr right..

two options for doing it

#1 use two right hand fuel rails, as they have (factory) fuel regs attached to them. You then run your normal reg in its usual position, and the other right rail on the left side.

#2 Use an after market fuel regulator and you can run two left rails, and the fuel reg will take inputs from both rails and do it for you.

Things you will need either way,

• 1x set of manifold gaskets
  • 10+ fuel hose clamps
  • 1m of Vac hose
  • length of marine grade fuel hose (i got 4m for option #1)
  • 2 x brass tees if doing option #1 that fit the fuel hose
  • aftermarket risiing rate fuel regulator (if doing option #2)
  • a left rail for option #2, a right rail with fuel reg attached for option #1
  • A vac hose size tee join

NoteWith version 1/2 you can get premade tees that bolt to the rails to connect fuel hose to so depends you made need those or you can just cut the standard fuel lines and create the flared ends yourself (if you hvae the tool).

I think (please verify) that you dont have to worry about injector number 5.

So decide the way you want to go... I think #1 is a bit cheaper as you dont need to buy the aftermarket fuel reg. Althought the piping is probably a little harder to run for option #1.

For #1

Cut the four peices of fuel line from the Fuel rails to the Brass tees the same length.

you plumb the fuel reg lines together then back the the main fuel return line up past the fuel filter.

you plumb the fuel in line into the line you will have removed off the fuel filter.

The old metal fuel lines under the manifold can be removed.

You dont need to plumb the fuel breather back in.

It is more difficult to route option #1 under the manifold on the earlier version rex's and RS's

You need the vac hose to plumb the new reg onto the manifold somewhere.

updates and additions welcome

Heres the pics for #1

manifoldup.jpg

manifolddown.jpg

Hmmm I wish we had a step by step guide for this

driftrex']

[quote name='rs_with_a_kick said:

sooo... if im wanting to do a spilt rail setup, all i need to get is,

1 right rail with fuel reg

?mtrs of fuel line

couple of T joiners

?mtrs vac line

/quote]

if you wish to use factory regs, then yes thats all you need.

would it be ok to use factory regs, or would i be better off going out and buying a/m regs. if i brought a/m regs, would they still bolt onto the factory rails, or would i need to buy a/m rails aswell?

rs_with_a_kick said:

would it be ok to use factory regs, or would i be better off going out and buying a/m regs. if i brought a/m regs, would they still bolt onto the factory rails, or would i need to buy a/m rails aswell?

factory regs are fine for the average street car, with aftermarket you only need one, and instead of using 2x right hand rails you used 2x left hand rails.

the benefit of aftermarket reg is its pressure adjustable but thats no use unless you get it set on a dyno. even then on a factory ecu it wont make any difference.

driftrex']

[quote name='rs_with_a_kick said:

/quote]

factory regs are fine for the average street car, with aftermarket you only need one, and instead of using 2x right hand rails you used 2x left hand rails.

the benefit of aftermarket reg is its pressure adjustable but thats no use unless you get it set on a dyno. even then on a factory ecu it wont make any difference.

so either way, im going to need to find a new rail. im just looking at my rails now, and i have a fuel reg on the left side, and nothing on the right. but i am able to disconnect the line on the right side and fit a reg there, as mine are all screwed at each end of the rail.

driftrex said:

factory regs are fine for the average street car

You make it sound like you need to use aftermarket regulators if you're after decent power??

Even if chasing more than ~300kw I'd only use an aftermarket reg to make the plumbing tidier, increasing the base pressure would just introduce too many flow issues with fuel pumps for my liking. Maybe if you've only got little injectors and aren't running large amounts of boost, then the fuel pump could handle it. Especially with the amount of people who run Walbro's and not pumps that can handle much higher pressures.

on the old engine it was running 160kw, on the new engine it would be close to it, running almost the same set up, it was running 17psi, on std rails. which side would i find the pump? and ill have a look now

Koom']

[quote name='driftrex said:

factory regs are fine for the average street car

/quote]

You make it sound like you need to use aftermarket regulators if you're after decent power??

Even if chasing more than ~300kw I'd only use an aftermarket reg to make the plumbing tidier, increasing the base pressure would just introduce too many flow issues with fuel pumps for my liking. Maybe if you've only got little injectors and aren't running large amounts of boost, then the fuel pump could handle it. Especially with the amount of people who run Walbro's and not pumps that can handle much higher pressures.

no thats not what i was implying.

• 1 month later...