Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

SNOW!

Cracks me up all the kids thinking their Skylines (Or Altezzas for the more flasher ones) can handle anything cos 'their RWD Ow'

And the nanas in their Toyota IQ's who are too scared to go over 2.5k revs to break snow banks.

RWD Ambulance thing on page 3

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put this in the legacy forum but pretty cool.. Been making snowmen all over the place. Fortunately i own a couple of samurai swords so build 'em up and chop 'em down! Hahah heeeeaps sick aye...

IMG_0820.jpg

Got these autosocks instead of chains, they are awesome! can finally put chains on my lowered wagon without rooting the wheels and smashing the guards... Just got down the hill actually half hour to the top of both mountains from where i live, sweeeeeeeeeeeeet ;D

IMG_0829.jpg

GravelBen']

[quote name='Skinon! said:

yea b]they work on the same principal as ski 'skins' using fabric[/b], they are awesome! never have to use chains again!

They only grip in one direction?

snow sticks to cloth very well

they use this principle to the snow skins advantage

DRFVDR said:

would like to see how long thy last in REAL Mt road condtions when you are going from snow to grit to ice to seal to snow ..................

they say its not advised to use them in anything but snow lol as fabic wear increases dramatically!!

Volcanix']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

would like to see how long thy last in REAL Mt road condtions when you are going from snow to grit to ice to seal to snow ..................

/quote]

they say its not advised to use them in anything but snow lol as fabic wear increases dramatically!!

Also states you should not leave your vehicle parked for any time with them left on (so you cant leave them on while your skiing/riding before heading back down the mountain???) Personally for the extra 5 mins it takes to put on chains I'm gonna keep doing that...

I went out to pick up some tea monday nite.

Man it was funny watching the People trying to drive in the Snow.

One guy driving a Holden, he did a U turn. then he nailed it and just about slammed the rear wheel into the curb.

He jumped back in the car and attemped to take off.

Thinking if he gave it more power he could move. He just sat there. Had to push him to get him out.

Another guy in a big jacked up off roader with big nobbly tires all most lost it just turning out of his driveway :D

Volcanix']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

/quote]

SOOOOOO pretty much useless in New Zealand :)

• 2 weeks later...

c:\programs\snow install

c:\programs\snow install\snow.exe

███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE..

;D

and... here we go again!!

Severe weather storm on its way

Severe weather is forecast to hit the New Zealand sometime today with the South Island the first to feel the brunt with snow falling to sea level in places.

Forecaster Matt Naeraa said overnight temperatures will drop dramatically in the far south and it is going to be bitterly cold with a harsh wind chill.

''This is going to be very cold air in conjunction with quite alot of snow and very strong winds so the wind chill will be very severe.''

Email photos and video of the weather in your area to [email protected]

The severe weather will be isolated to around southern Fiordland, Southland and Otago tonight and Sunday morning but the cold air will spread over the North Island later tomorrow.

''Late Sunday and Monday it looks pretty bad in the North Island as well. Some places could get snow to near sea level on Monday night and Tuesday morning with very cold southerly winds.''

Naeraa said people need to keep up to date with the latest warnings and forecasts and consider where they drive and farmers should look after their livestock carefully.

''This is likely to disrupt a lot of traffic, first in South Island and later in the North Island... In some places the height of snow could bring down trees and powerlines.''

''It is going to be quite a long event the cold. Southerlies are only likely to ease during Wednesday and into Thursday.''

He said temperatures in some places will drop to minus five to minus10.

Naerra said although it can often reach -10 to -15 on a cold morning in Central Otago and be quite benign, this event will be much more severe because of the combination of wind and snow.

Winds are going to be particularly strong in the North Island from Monday night and Tuesday morning before they start easing.

"This snowstorm is really the perfect storm," WeatherWatch.co.nz head weather analyst Philip Duncan said yesterday.

"We have a high stretching over 6,000km from the tropics to Antarctica expected to form in the Tasman Sea, meanwhile a low in the central Tasman Sea will move east into the Pacific Ocean over the weekend, combining with a Southern Ocean low.

"All three systems will work together to provide an impressive southerly blast rarely seen here."