Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

half a clutch?

Joker

ADIKT']

[quote name='resurrection.inc said:

omg i have ust experianced the same thing in my car last weekend. went to hamilton for wnagnaui and when driving around town my pedal did the exact same thing seems to be when the car gets hot aswell like sitting in drive threws it will do the same thing clutch feels different and first time ive had to pull pedal up with toe.

So wat are you guys thinking of looking at?

/quote]

Almost sounds like your clutch fluids boiling ??? Try wrapping down pipe and put heat shields on?

its all factory with the down pipe heat shelds including factory exhaust its a pain in the arse its doing my head in. brand new clutch and flywheel less than 6 months ago

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem with my V3 caused similar headache I put engine back in with new clutch kit, assembled and walla clutch pedal only returned half way/ scratched head and bleed clutch still no better, replaced master, bleed clutch still no joy, replaced clutch cylinder and bleed.. still the pedal only returned half way, so ended up removing clutch pedal box and installed 1 from a bf im wrecking and now its mint.

The only thing i could find wrong with the old pedal was its worn out where the pin goes threw and holds the master cylinder on

015.jpg

maybe there was to much slack and couldn't put enough load or didn't have the right angle on the pedal to flick it back up as the pedal needs to get to a certain point before it can return on its own and that just wasn't happen.

resurrection.inc said:

it only happens sometimes though wouldnt it happen all the time with no spring? i cant see a damn thing under there starter motor is in the way turbo piping and its just a black hole of nothingness down there

remoce I/c to inspect

rex-leggy said:

obviously your not going to see it if you dont take the f***ing intercooler off ::)

you said the picture is different how can you tell if you haven't removed it

dont need to remove intercooler to see whats pictured. everything in that photo is differrent from mine hosing runs around the intercooler not under, cable is on the other side of block.

ps no need to get all pissy buddy. a civil answer or none would have been surfice

resurrection.inc']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

obviously your not going to see it if you dont take the f***ing intercooler off ::)

/quote]

dont need to remove intercooler to see whats pictured. everything in that photo is differrent from mine hosing runs around the intercooler not under, cable is on the other side of block.

ps no need to get all pissy buddy. a civil answer or none would have been surfice

FAIL !

Ichi Ban']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

/quote]

FAIL !

uber fail :D

OMG look at the bloody spring!!!So how does that have anything to do with pushing the pedal back up????? If anything that spring would do the complete opposite .. Fact is that spring in the picture above is there to keep the thrust bearing tight on the pressure plate so when you engage the clutch time after time it doesn't flop backwards and then forwards coursing excessive wear, instead that spring makes the thrust bearing mated to pressure plate so there isnt that play/movement. Thought you lot would of known better especially with such reputable posters.

hijacka said:

OMG look at the bloody spring!!!So how does that have anything to do with pushing the pedal back up????? If anything that spring would do the complete opposite .. Fact is that spring in the picture above is there to keep the thrust bearing tight on the pressure plate so when you engage the clutch time after time it doesn't flop backwards and then forwards coursing excessive wear, instead that spring makes the thrust bearing mated to pressure plate so there isnt that play/movement. Thought you lot would of known better especially with such reputable posters.

Think again Nigel....

What happens when you get pad knock off?

Here let me tell ya.. Pad knock off is when the pads get pushed back further than normal into the calipers and you get a soft pedal or have to pump them up.

The spring is doing the same thing as knockoff springs.

What it is doing is stopping the clutch slave from working itself backwards due to the fork pressing it back. This stops you needing to pump the clutch pedal to get it to pump back up and disengage the clutch..

Have a think before you jump in and tell us Subaru put it there for shits n giggles..

hijacka said:

You stated exactly what it does - keep the brg mated to the pressure plate so there is no play !

Play that take pedal travel to over come !

Your bold statement reminds me of a very cool saying

Only FOOLS and CHILDREN pass comment on things 1/2 done or things they know NOTHING ABOUT !!!

(YOU not being a child - makes you the one who knows nothing about these springs ! )

Ichi Ban']

[quote name='hijacka said:

/quote]

You stated exactly what it does - keep the brg mated to the pressure plate so there is no play !

Only FOOLS and CHILDREN pass comment on things 1/2 done or things they know NOTHING ABOUT !!!

(YOU not being a child - makes you the one who knows nothing about these springs ! )

Play that take pedal travel to over come?????? Take that saying and apply it to yourself!

WTF are you on about?? Why don't you take a week to study the function of that spring before you make even more of a idiot of yourself, maybe you just hate admitting your wrong, You stated that the spring you 2 are harping on about has everything to do with the pedal return..when in fact it has nothing to do with it!.. yes NOTHNG!!!!! If you can't see that then your the fool not me Bundy.. but keep telling yourself you are ''Right '' if that makes you feel better about yourself. HAY!!

Why don't you go out to your Subaru with a good working pedal and remove this spring and depress the clutch pedal.. you will find that the clutch pedal will fully return with ''no spring'' now if what you are saying is true then the clutch pedal would only return to the ''half way point'' but that isn't the case and the pedal will make a full return without the spring so in the end you are WRONG!! :P

hijacka']

/quote]

Play that take pedal travel to over come?????? Take that saying and apply it to yourself!

WTF are you on about?? Why don't you take a week to study the function of that spring before you make even more of a idiot of yourself, maybe you just hate admitting your wrong and perhaps you stated that the spring you 2 monkeys are harping on about has every thing to do with the pedal return..when in fact it has nothing to do with it. if you can't see that then your the fool not me bundy.. but keep telling yourself you ''Right '' if that makes you feel better about yourself.

Why don't you go out to your Subaru and remove this spring and depress the clutch pedal.. you will find that the clutch pedal will fully return with ''no spring'' now if what you are saying is true then the clutch pedal would only return to a half way point but that isn't the case and you are WRONG!! :P

GTFO know all

ADIKT']

/quote]

WTF are you on about?? Why don't you take a week to study the function of that spring before you make even more of a idiot of yourself, maybe you just hate admitting your wrong and perhaps you stated that the spring you 2 monkeys are harping on about has every thing to do with the pedal return..when in fact it has nothing to do with it. if you can't see that then your the fool not me bundy.. but keep telling yourself you ''Right '' if that makes you feel better about yourself.

Why don't you go out to your Subaru and remove this spring and depress the clutch pedal.. you will find that the clutch pedal will fully return with ''no spring'' now if what you are saying is true then the clutch pedal would only return to a half way point but that isn't the case and you are WRONG!! :P

GTFO know all

Beats knowing fark all :D