Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dyno Leaderboard Version III

im scratching my head as to how a "coolant issue" produced that graph . im not trying to shit stir . but if you could shed some more light on it id appreciate it . it looks like it knocked and ecu dumped timing or boost controller died halfway through the run . or it ran out of injectors .

good cunt either way

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotasuby said:

Rex leggys bc5. 24psi. Lump in graph is where we had issues with coolant. Happy with result but want 400 next. 314wkw

2.35l

Holset hx40.

1600cc injectors

Aeromotive 340l pump.

Fmic

Water meth injection

Av gas

Is that my old HX40?? Nice to finally see it in action if it is :)

lachlan']

im scratching my head as to how a "coolant issue" produced that graph . im not trying to s*** stir . but if you could shed some more light on it id appreciate it . it looks like it knocked and ecu dumped timing or boost controller died halfway through the run . or it ran out of injectors .

good ***t either way

no knock was tuned last night and was all clear (and to pull timing it would need a knock sensor ;)) , as you can see on the plot the boost held solid so thats all good , maxing out 1600cc injectors would be very very impressive (the highest duty we got was 58% )

Rex leggys bc5. 24psi. Lump in graph is where we had issues with coolant. Happy with result but want 400 next. 314wkw

2.35l

Holset hx40.

1600cc injectors

Aeromotive 340l pump.

Fmic

Water meth injection

Av gas

Is that my old HX40?? Nice to finally see it in action if it is :)

yep sure is your old turbo :) its doing its job very nicely

If im correct the coolant decided to try and exit the motor after the heads lifted off the block under boost. ( correct me if im wrong Josh )

yup i think its probably more head gaskets but could possibly be heads lifting . not sure after talking to the guy a spec he said hes had 10mm head studs way past 300kw just with diff gaskets.

If im correct the coolant decided to try and exit the motor after the heads lifted off the block under boost. ( correct me if im wrong Josh )

lol - max power for 10sec

it makes it for alot longer then 10 secs wana come for a drive ;)

[quote name='gotasuby said:

2.35l

Holset hx40.

1600cc injectors

Aeromotive 340l pump.

Fmic

Water meth injection

Av gas

/quote]

nice plot - where are you looking for 400 from. what boost?

there more left in it as is . but plan is to move this shortblock on . get a closed deck sleeved,o ringed,forged . turbo sent to mr murch and turn the boost up a bit job done .

with alot more supporting mods :D

and what sort of turbo required? any other aids on top of the e85? NOS or water/meth?

seems like not a lot of boost ??? and the full story not being told

not that that wouldnt be an awesome claim to put ur name next too. take a looot of prerp and thinking to get those numbers

558337_4344081356586_2028147775_n.jpg

sorry for the late sheet, this was just by E85 with a 35/40 no NOS, the plan was to go to 2bar but gate spring was too soft, I do have NOS setup in the car but its not hooked up yet, we did not want to push the fresh engine too far on its first tune, after Nats its will go for a check up and then push for more boost and then start adding nos slowly, no tricks here just a good build that we improved on from my last 425kw setup, its a DIN reading and its at the wheels kw, only homos read at flywheel power ;)

R8TD_R']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

Is it a 2.5 yea? Thats a good delivery from a big turbo.

Twin scroll?

/quote]

No to both single scroll turbo, didn\'t want to go to 2.5 otherwise I won\'t be able to rev to 9k but we went big on everything cams valves etc etc

Dude twinscroll and 2.5 would really benifit you. You would get peak power almost 2k earler

DNA']

Twin scroll?

/quote]

No to both single scroll turbo, didn\'t want to go to 2.5 otherwise I won\'t be able to rev to 9k but we went big on everything cams valves etc etc

Dude twinscroll and 2.5 would really benifit you. You would get peak power almost 2k earler

But hes proved you can dont need twin/2.5 to make a s*** load power. Good on you rated r .. Good luck for the drags on sunday to man. All the best.

And what Rex-Leggy is saying is he could have that power 2k sooner, sooner boost is a good things

rex-leggy']

Twin scroll?

/quote]

once it revs to 9 it will have a 4.5k rpm wide seroiusly powerfull powerband

hosres for courses . earlier power is irrelevant if it revs to 9 . still has awesome area under the graph . doesnt matter how far up or down the graph the area is

its like the modern ktm 350cc motox bike . it is competitive against 450cc bikes although it has less peak power and makes it higher in the rev range it has a better area under the graph

are you going to use the nos in a similar fashion to the gob stopper wrx ?

http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/images/gobstopper/gobstopper_power_graph.png

No jelousy here dna. Just stating the with thoes items power pand wil be moved compleetly.

@ 4.5 its making 125kw with a drag car prob dosent matter but making 300kw @ 4.5k with just a diff exhaust housing and headers would make such a diff even with a 2l

In saing that wait till he gets nos to see.

Big ups R8TD_R look forwad to hearing times and further increases!

a 350 chev will make 300 kw at 4.5 k too . well maybe if you tuned it up lol . but your 2.5 or a small housing wont rev to 9 and be upwards of 450 kw . there are more ways than one to skin a cat

you both end up with a usable power band 4.5 k rpm wide . one is 300 kw the other is 50% more

my car has usable power from 3.5 to 8 and its fkn awesome to drive

its AREA (length x height) under the graph that makes a good car . not how soon the area arrives

edit ffs it would be a drag car

• RAYDEO unpinned this topic