Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dyno Leaderboard Version III

evowrx said:

Pull mine down. Got the sheet today looks like it at the flywheel. From the looks all gcp sheets are...

Now need to work out why the bother its so low for the setup/20psi boost. I knew it wasnt 227kw atw it just didnt feel that fast partly why I wanted to see the sheet. >:(

Had a talk to garry he said disregard the part at the top where it says engine as no correction applied to it just raw data so is at wheels. Sheet below someone explain it lol.

001_zpsbf2b3c60.jpg

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There\'s always plenty to explain about any dyno plot.

My guess is poor boost control or ecu doing an average job. It looks mildly sluggish to build power as a result of the torque valley at 4300rpm. Either that or its a very good plot for a twin turbo legacy. I Imagine on the road the valley probably isn\'t too intrusive and the car stil feels nice to drive so don\'t take my comments too seriously

sultan said:

There\'s always plenty to explain about any dyno plot.

My guess is poor boost control or ecu doing an average job. It looks mildly sluggish to build power as a result of the torque valley at 4300rpm. Either that or its a very good plot for a twin turbo legacy. I Imagine on the road the valley probably isn\'t too intrusive and the car stil feels nice to drive so don\'t take my comments too seriously

Unsure what caused the valley he wasnt either. Compared to other sheets similar set up it seemed to have more down low but lacked up top. Youre right though dont notice that dip on the road and doesnt even appear on virtual dyno. Sometimes theres a slight hesitiation around 3-3.5k but hard to put finger on. G4 closed boost with internal.

Yeah response is spot on for a vf22. Power is a little down for 20psi. My guess is the timing couldn\'t be advanced due to having yellow injectors? Sorry don\'t want to go hunting for specs, more fun trying to analyze from the dyno plot ;-P

You did that lol. Injectors are absolutely maxed. Dont think theres any more in the turbo well not a lot anyway. Comp surge in 5th under load. Have a trickle through my garage thread and give an opinion on whats it needs now to get more kw.

damn, what\'s the afr at the moment with 95? Fuel change alone would see that tune up to 240kw even without increasing the amount of it. I don\'t imagine it\'s particularly safe though. I\'d want bigger injectors running lower duty cycle to get 225kw on 95 or 240kw on 98. did gary himself tune it or some one else?

i was a customer of gary for over 5 years so i definitely trust him that it will be safe, but seems a bit out there for me any way

i wouldn\'t imagine any gains before 5000rpm but it depends on how it\'s tuned and whether or not timing has been pulled to reduce det and if it was hitting high IDC early on, but i doubt it. look at 5200rpm and above, the rate of incline changes slightly around then, so that\'s my theory of where timing pull has occured, but could easly be something else (cams, boost control, etc).

• 1 month later...

It has finally happened people maxed out the good old 35/40 she\'s not giving anymore puff stopped making power at 473kw and started dropping after peak, must be gtx, to4z or back to nos soon, motor still sounds hungry for more boost

R8TD_R said:

It has finally happened people maxed out the good old 35/40 she\'s not giving anymore puff stopped making power at 473kw and started dropping after peak, must be gtx, to4z or back to nos soon, motor still sounds hungry for more boost

what boost are you running at the moment?

rex-leggy']

[quote name='R8TD_R said:

/quote]

Holset? You talked to steve?

evowrx']

/quote]

Yea been thinking about the Holset as well but need to freshing up my gearbox before I add more power its starting to get hard to flat shift into 4th but I have been racing this box for 4-5 years now

R8TD_R']

/quote]

Yea been thinking about the Holset as well but need to freshing up my gearbox before I add more power its starting to get hard to flat shift into 4th but I have been racing this box for 4-5 years now

6sp?

evowrx']

/quote]

6sp?

Yep good old factory 6speed

ra555 said:

your spent so much on yur car why not go all out and buy a t51r kai turbo that puppy shouldnt let u down bro :-D

Those are not too cheap bro plus its a good thing to max out your turbo if you don\'t need more power, next step mite be to4z or nos but still well away need to use what I got now

R8TD_R']

/quote]

6sp?

Yep good old factory 6speed

What power you make on 5sp?

• 3 weeks later...

2013-05-23130817.jpg

It says at engine but gcp said at wheels? Safe and conservative tune, needs bigger turbo and injectors

2.35l forged and sleeved

Link g4

850cc injectors nearly maxed on bp 98

Sinco mani and gt3082 turbo @ 1.5bar

Kelford 280 degree cams

• RAYDEO unpinned this topic