Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Hayden Paddon

Munkvy

This is slightly old (but good) news now - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10764438

But from another site I saw this:

After the Welsh event, which wraps up the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship season, Paddon returns to New Zealand where he’ll participate in a week-long, nation-wide road show with sponsors PlaceMakers and Subaru. Starting in Auckland on 23 November, Paddon will visit many PlaceMakers and Subaru outlets throughout the country to end in Dunedin. “We’ll have more details out after Rally GB about which stores we’re visiting and the day and time of each visit. There are so many giveaways and prizes; it’s going to be really exciting!”

Could be a good chance to go see the man, the car and see what else they have going on :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Hayden Paddon has made history as the first New Zealander to win a world rally championship and he’s taking to the road to celebrate with Kiwi fans up and down the country.

Paddon won the Production World Rally Championship category at four consecutive rallies – another record-making achievement – on his way to securing the championship title. The 24-year-old New Zealander arrives home from his last event in the United Kingdom to start a nationwide road-show in Auckland on Wednesday 23 November.

“I’m really looking forward to celebrating with Kiwi rally fans next week,” says Paddon, who hails from Geraldine.

“I’m travelling in a Subaru STI which carries the same livery as our championship-winning rally car and I’ll be visiting 12 PlaceMakers branches, Subaru dealerships and other venues throughout the country, from Auckland to Dunedin.

“We’ll have Subaru posters and driver cards to be signed or people can bring along something of their own they want autographed. We have merchandise to give away and we’ve been able to create a fantastic prize pack with the support of PlaceMakers and Rally New Zealand. To enter to win two rally rides with me, team clothing, a $250 PlaceMakers voucher and two spectator passes to WRC Rally New Zealand in June next year, simply come along to see me at any of the locations listed below and fill in an entry form. It’s free to enter and all the entries from all our locations around the country go in to win this great prize.”

Paddon’s road-show with sponsors PlaceMakers and Subaru covers 14 locations, namely:

Wednesday 23 November – AUCKLAND, PlaceMakers Mt Wellington, 102 Lunn Ave - 8:00-10:00am

Wednesday 23 November – HAMILTON, Kingsgate Hotel, 100 Garrett Ave, Te Rapa – 4:00-5:30pm

Wednesday 23 November – HAMILTON, Wingers Subaru, 191 Anglesea St – 6:00-7:00pm

Thursday 24 November – TAUPO, PlaceMakers, 90 Spa Road – 8:00-9:00am

Friday 25 November – NEW PLYMOUTH, PlaceMakers, 15 Egmont Road, 7:00-9:00am

Friday 25 November – PALMERSTON NORTH, PlaceMakers, Cnr Railway and Francis Way – 2:00-3:30pm

Saturday 26 November – PARAPARAUMU, PlaceMakers, Kapiti Road – 8:00-9:30am

Saturday 26 November – WELLINGTON, Armstrong Subaru, Cambridge Terrace – 1:00-2:00pm

Monday 28 November – NELSON, PlaceMakers, 52 Saxton road, 8:00-10:00am

Tuesday 29 November – CHRISTCHURCH, Showgate Lounge at Riccarton Raceway – 7:30-9:00am

Tuesday 29 November – TIMARU, PlaceMakers, Hilton Highway – 2:00-4:00pm

Wednesday 30 November – DUNEDIN, PlaceMakers, 86 Portsmouth Road, 9:00-11:00am

Paddon is still working on plans for the 2012 season. He’s been talking with a number of teams and sponsors with the aim of stepping up a class from the production spec cars he’s driven for the past two seasons to contest the World Rally Championship again next year.

While the Kiwi star continues to work hard on further his international career, he gets to celebrate this year’s achievements when he travels to the annual FIA gala prize-giving in India where he’ll be presented with the silverware for his production world rally championship title.

Paddon appreciates the support of his team, his many supporters around New Zealand and across the world and his valued financial partners, which include Subaru New Zealand, EDL Fasteners, PlaceMakers, Van Leeuwen Dairy, Milwaukee, Racetech Seats, Castrol, Dunlop, Radio Sport, Radio Hauraki, Camerons Sea and Air Freight, Endless Brakes, In-tune Automotive, All About Signs, Total Automotive, Reaction Racing, Raiseys Sport Nutrition, Chicane Racewear, RallyTours, Alto Lab, Pope Print, Granger Design, Bluebridge Ferry, 1 Group and Symtech Racing for their support with his 2011 campaign.

The team shares results via text updates, Twitter and Facebook, or visit the website www.haydenpaddon.com.

• 2 weeks later...

yikes a nasty crash before he headed off to the UK just this week (or last)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6090027/Rally-champs-car-saves-his-life

broken collar bone but otherwise alright - man that car is so totally farked.. Glad hes mostly all ok. the passenger walked away with nothing wrong. testiment to the safety built into the cars right..

6090022.jpg