Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Post Your Legacy Pics Here!

chickinsteelcaps

I can't recall if I've posted these pics or not... The old timers will know my BG, Beast, but the new kid on the block is my BC, Blighter. The last pic will show the different applications these cars have :D

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_5836_zps636cf740.jpg

IMG_5856-1_zps304d7b43.jpg

IMG_5860_zps563292ca.jpg

9391812174_1ef34ce588_o.jpgIMG_7759 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

14083243662_1b2581d1b3_o.jpgIMG_9212 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

14086369995_33c4229531_o.jpgIMG_9214 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

14016719258_d1a42303fe_o.jpgIMG_9280 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

14203381165_1ef2fd0531_o.jpgIMG_9323 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

14626389812_50d8f868b1_o.jpgIMG_9370 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

Man that BP is tidy!

tydon said:
do you have chrome door trim? wondering what model they came in and does beast have sunroofs?

On Beast or Blighter? Neither do anyway. Blighter is a Ti type S, the BC3B type S came blacked out from factory, you may note the black handles, lines in the tail lights and garnish, and no chrome strip under the windows. Only chrome was in the bump strips. Makes finding replacement tail lights hard I tell yah, in the end I had to paint some chrome ones black, thankfully that turned out beautifully.

ReubenH said:
Man that BP is tidy!

On Beast or Blighter? Neither do anyway. Blighter is a Ti type S, the BC3B type S came blacked out from factory, you may note the black handles, lines in the tail lights and garnish, and no chrome strip under the windows. Only chrome was in the bump strips. Makes finding replacement tail lights hard I tell yah, in the end I had to paint some chrome ones black, thankfully that turned out beautifully.

I really like the bg5c ltd I was searching for a bd5c never seen one. Also after that chrome door trim looks damn good

Cool, a USDM non turbo 2.5 BD with a JDM bumper added, oh and a modified JDM BD. Nice.

The Limited is still a wagon only model though. I wont deny they look damn good though.

Edit: For your reference, here are the MY98 brocures for the BD, and the BG.

http://a15ff11300g.sakura.ne.jp/catalogue/BDBGlegacy/97.9%20legacy%20touring%20sedan/97.9%20legacy%20touring%20sedan.html

http://a15ff11300g.sakura.ne.jp/catalogue/BDBGlegacy/97.9%20legacy%20touringwagon/97.9%20legacy%20touringwagon.html

And also, the limited was available on the TS Type RB too.

http://a15ff11300g.sakura.ne.jp/catalogue/BDBGlegacy/97.11%20legacy%20touringwagon%20TStypeRB%20limited/97.11%20legacy%20touringwagon%20TStypeRB%20limited.html

Aw heck, while I'm at it, smashing myths and being semantic.

There's no such thing as an "RS-B". Dun dun duuunnnnn!

Check out those brochures. The RS was the RS-B. You could not get a non bilstein RS from 96 onwards, if you bought an RS, it was still labelled as just an RS, but it came to the same spec as a GT-B. If you wanted a non Bilstein BD turbo, you had to buy the BD GT. Just like the BC's, the BD always had both an RS model and a GT model, right through the years. Only difference was the RS was offered as both manual an auto for the BD, unlike the BC where manual = RS, and auto = GT. But hey, the BD5B and BD5C were badged as an RS-B, so nobody actually cares about this. lol.

Edited by ReubenH

ReubenH said:
Cool, a USDM non turbo 2.5 BD with a JDM bumper added, oh and a modified JDM BD. Nice.

The Limited is still a wagon only model though. I wont deny they look damn good though.

the yellow one the guy seems to think its a genuine bd5c heres a link to it is this the one thats modified to look like a ltd?

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/1623-my-car-in-banzai/

The 4th digit of an applied model code refers to is 'revision', not its sub model. A BD5C is a Rev C BD5. The model specific part of the applied model code is the last 2 digits. STi's for example are ED, so GC8F4ED is a Rev F (or version 5 to impreza owners) 4 door STi. A GC8E58D is a Version 4 5 door wagon WRX. Beast is a BG5C5ED, a B= Legacy, G= second gen wagon, 5=2L 4wd, C= C version or rev C, 5=5door, ED=Limited. So if that BD has an applied model of BD5C4ED, then it is a limited from factory, but you'll find it's actually a BD5C48D, which is standard RS, with standard bumper like this one:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-794813719.htm

Plate into car jam reveals its vin is BD5-031502, punch that into fast and you find it has an applied model of: BD5C48D, complete with EJ20R, TY752VBCAA and so forth. http://www.carrol.ru/_pages/subaru/index.php?st=40&l=bWFya2V0PT1qYXBhbnx8bWM9PUIxMXx8aGFuZD09SjJ8fGRmPT0xOTk2MDYwMHx8ZHQ9PQ%3D%3D

Edited by ReubenH

yup got that lol anywyas heres a pic of my Ltd picture quality not so good but hey. Also reuben howcome you werent keen on the Sunroof models? with the factory tinits on the bg5 ltds its quite dark in the back sunroof really lightens things up1zmjbbr.jpg

Edited by tydon

Leaks, added weight above COG, and things to break. Simply put, I'd like a sunroof, but not enough to have to deal with it in future when the seals start to perish. Having door and boot seals to worry about for the next 50 years are enough for me thanks, I plan on keeping this car for the long haul.