Which do you have?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you have?

• Lowering/Shortnened Springs
    • Adjustable suspension setup
    • Standard Suspension/Unmodified

BINKZ']

[quote name='Simon C said:

Like I keep saying. RaceComp Engineering Yellows (RCE). They're specifically made to match the damping rates of the GDB pink shocks, and have the maximal amount of drop without adverse effects on rear suspension geometry or bottoming out the damper travel. Very well known and highly respected in the US. If you just want to drop your car, then any old spring will do, but if you want to drop it AND handle better, get a decent spring from a company that has done plenty of track and road R&D time.

RCE also do a line of coilovers which are very similar to what Whiteline used to produce, based on custom spec'd units from KW in Germany. I had KWs in my old car, anyone who has been in my old car can tell you what the ride quality and handling was like.

/quote]

who would i order said springs through in New Zealand mate?

You can't. You'll have to get them from the US. Either used through the NASIOC forums, or from Turn In Concepts. Most of the bits for my car were sourced off NASIOC, it's a great place to get used stuff, and the NZ dollar is good vs the US at the moment as well.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon C']

[quote name='Simon C said:

Like I keep saying. RaceComp Engineering Yellows (RCE). They're specifically made to match the damping rates of the GDB pink shocks, and have the maximal amount of drop without adverse effects on rear suspension geometry or bottoming out the damper travel. Very well known and highly respected in the US. If you just want to drop your car, then any old spring will do, but if you want to drop it AND handle better, get a decent spring from a company that has done plenty of track and road R&D time.

RCE also do a line of coilovers which are very similar to what Whiteline used to produce, based on custom spec'd units from KW in Germany. I had KWs in my old car, anyone who has been in my old car can tell you what the ride quality and handling was like.

/quote]

who would i order said springs through in New Zealand mate?

You can't. You'll have to get them from the US. Either used through the NASIOC forums, or from Turn In Concepts. Most of the bits for my car were sourced off NASIOC, it's a great place to get used stuff, and the NZ dollar is good vs the US at the moment as well.

yeah they flat out told me they dont do springs for the V7 so, so much for that idea.

• 2 weeks later...
 jacsmiley said:

my V5 had standard shocks with low king springs

thats with 18in wheels. perfect ride hight and all around drivabilty. if you dont want to muck around with different spring rates etc then new shocks with lowered spring is the way to go.

remember you dont just slap in a set of adjusties and leave them... the top hats take abuse and need servicing/replacing as road driving you tend to find bucket loads more bumps than the track. at least on the track you learn to know where the bad bumps are

im with the lowered standard suspention lot. if you dont need the adjustability then stay standard type coils. good looks and a much more comfy ride

newsub.jpg

are those the DTM rims?

after having a BG with Tanabe ADjusties then another BG with STI shocks with lowering springs..

i think the STI KYBs shocks and lowering springs (+ adjustable damper) are much suited comfort wise when your car is just your daily with the od spirited drive, but thats just me.. (i brought the purple v7 STI shocks with damper adjust and H&R lowering springs off here)

• 4 weeks later...

the STi website in Japan have some info, if you can get around the engrish translations.

Japanparts.com have some good info, but you can really take measurements off a website as scripture as every car will be +/- what is stated.

Fortyone.co.nz for all your JDM goodies

I got some neo tech coilovers for my V7 now.. used to have some really hard old skool ones before that.. still got them if anyone wants to take them off my hands for $100, they are not in the best condition.

what do other v7 wagon owners run spring/strut wise on here?

reading soo much info but its just confusing me even more lol

also - i read springs for 04+ STi will fit the struts on my 02 except I would need to upgrade the rear strut tophat + get a spacer?

can anyone enlighten me on this?

Timmah']

[quote name='Timmah said:

What's your goal for lowering your car?

/quote]

street car, increased handling, slight lowering (more interested in handling than appearance).

Clearly ajustables.

Agreed.

doesnt help me identify which adjustables..... or which i should stay away from.. what spring rates, what features etc etc...

MRP LTD said:

We are doing Fortune Auto coilovers. Which are all custom valved to get the best quality ride and performance.

I would not touch the other cheaper brands out there if your after a quality ride with shocks with who knows what spec.

Just look here for details:

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,25268.new.html#new

i say get these .

you'll just have to read online reviews ..... at the end of the day your going to have to make your own decision .

last thing you want to do is get something someone else is happy with and find there not suited to you.

imo its suspension dont over think it just buy some :D they all do the same job just to a different degree.