Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Old School BRUMBY for sale and running sweet

octopusenvy

gday all,

i bought an old school 1980 subaru brumby, in fetching tan colour, planning to restore it. decided i need the practicality of a newer one, though this one kills it on looks with the double bug-eyes. anyhow, i just want what i paid, which was 800, and its all go and running. drove it straight 3hrs and it was fine at 100, not loud at all. there is suprisingly little rust on her, and she has had a pre-wof suggesting the light be fixed (i have a new one arriving shortly). also the handbrake needed adjustment. So its a bargain, you can be the 2nd registered owner! holla at me with any questions...

yeah thanx. bout time we up and runnin again. so yeah, hope there's a buyer out there. love the ute, just think i need more practical newer tt version for daily commuting. tho it will look MINT if someone paints it and throws some goodies at her. if u kno anyone.....

Good spotting crew, that WAS my ute. its stil available, but TM didnt exactly like me selling it as parts, so removed it, he he. if u want pics, ive included here (i think). Its still for sale even though im still looking for a newer brumby with targa tops. If only i could do a proper paint, this ute would be amazing. Drives fine. Hope she finds a good home where a proper restore will happen. I have a letter from the last registered owner (required to reregister) who hopes the same. Let me know if anyone is interested, thanx.

[attachment deleted by admin]

here's another of the engine bay and the interior. the drivers seat bottom end is a bit torn up, but otherwise its in decent shape for nearly 30yrs old...just needs a tidy which i will do this wknd. any other pics required or questions, just fire away. If anyone is in auckland and keen to help with the makeover (i.e. good paintjob), that wud be cool, but i kinda doubt it...all the good brumbys and supporters seem to be south island.

[attachment deleted by admin]

i noticed that the pics i loaded had to be approved by an administrator...perhaps they having a much desereved weekend away from the computer. hopefully they will show up soon, but i got pics to waimak. anyone else wana look? i got the 1980 brumby on TM again, but dunno how long for, b4 they axe it again!

Thanks for the help guys, least now its all up here in case any1 is interested. yeah two pics are from last year, two from last week. Again, id happily take her off the market if someone knows someone in auckland who is good at respraying, and not expensive! Also, the respray is not because the car needs it, but id prefer a car that isnt "tan". Otherwise least there are some pics up and carjam link can show people the odometer is accurate. Its showing a hair over 100,000 now. Awesome.

Hey waimaks, i know you would look after her, and have plenty of spares. Stop being sensible like DRFVDR said. If you email me, i might let it go at a slight loss to you mate, if that makes it any easier. I assume you're in the south island also, which is a big pain. I might be able to help somehow to get it to you? Lets talk...

• 2 months later...

just an update...this brumby is still for sale as it seems all supporters are in the south island?? Sorry DRFVDR aside. Anyhow, i have the spare light now, which is in good knick, and the brumby needs to go. im open to offers, looks like im going to take a hit on this if i want it gone...its taking up the best park in the carport where my other daily brumby should be!!

BTW, if anyone is keen on a soft tonneau, i got this guy in aux to make a PRIMO one a few weeks back, real straight, with good thick crossbar and a smart wee pull-tab design to allow it to be removed from the track below the window. he put snap locks on velcro across the angled wellsides to keep the tonneau tight and water from going into the forward corners of the tray. Even protected the paint from the alloy holes for the bungy with extra layer. All this for a tidy 200bux. nearest quote to that was 350! So holla if anyone wants the guys shop number. Im well stoked with the price and the tonneau...

will post a pic shortly.......

DRFVDR said:

looks sweet

wonder if he can do the one that goes over the top

exsqueeze me? over the top of what? this one works fine;) pics r crap with dew on the tonneau cuz its ball shrinkin cold at the mo. but u wud know all about that down there...

I mean that follows the roof line up and over and they usually have a window sewn in where the rear window is

I have seen them done like this and they look cool mmmmmmmm

just had a thought

maybe one that goes from the roof line to the edge of the bed so it like bigger covered area mmmmmmm

'