Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

NEW Road Rules from March 25th

Joker

should we assume your T is missing a leg opposite your car in this example?

If thats the case (like the intersection at the top of Cuba Mall) then you'd be right in giving way to him?? (cue some two finger action from you to him in this case)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only place the new rules govern is UNCONTROLLED intersections...at all other CONTROLLED intersections you still give way to the right. Ie , the situation you describe above you were in the right...ie you were giving way to your right as you were on a stop sign.

funkytown said:

should we assume your T is missing a leg opposite your car in this example?

If thats the case (like the intersection at the top of Cuba Mall) then you'd be right in giving way to him?? (cue some two finger action from you to him in this case)

yeah there wasn't a picture showing my exact situation, but the extra T-leg wasn't strictly relevant in any case.

Yeah it was the Cuba Mall intersection. Sweet, good to know I'm not the retarded one :)

I thought the old "If you are turning give way to all traffic that is not turning." summed it up in any case

Swindog said:

Dirty old Palmy. Stink how they moved the MacDs there away from party central. No more nipping down macas grab a burger mid drinking sesh and back to the pub.

+1 sucks ass

I go there every month with work currently, and macca's is far to far away now... ???

hate-evoz said:

+1 quick to take that pic...lol

Was trying out a DIY window mount for phone so had a camera ready.

Still took so long to fire up camera app that car was nearly through intersection by the time the camera was ready.

Not long after taking that shot the phone came off the screen.

:P

i didnt read the whole thread,

but anyone from chch think the old rules were far better in terms of travel time? Many times i slow down to turn left into a street with a car waiting to turn right, but in the time it takes me to slow down the other car probably could have seized the opportunity to make the turn. Now you have to wait till the slow cunt makes teh turn which takes ages as other cars usually catch up by then. I always thought it made sense especially since christchurch has no arrows. Now it just piles up cars waiting to turn right. Oh and people in christchurch need to learn how to use median strips.

DaktaPhil said:

i didnt read the whole thread,

but anyone from chch think the old rules were far better in terms of travel time? Many times i slow down to turn left into a street with a car waiting to turn right, but in the time it takes me to slow down the other car probably could have seized the opportunity to make the turn. Now you have to wait till the slow ***t makes teh turn which takes ages as other cars usually catch up by then. I always thought it made sense especially since christchurch has no arrows. Now it just piles up cars waiting to turn right. Oh and people in christchurch need to learn how to use median strips.

So far I haven't had any problems turning right, yet. There does need to be more arrows though. People in Christchurch need to learn to indicate too. It's very frustrating being cut off by a jerk who didn't indicate.

DaktaPhil said:

but anyone from chch think the old rules were far better in terms of travel time?

We are new arrivals in Chch and have seen prior and since the new rules. Chch has a phenomenon called the orange train, it is the flow of cars turning after the lights have changed to orange and red. Since the law change the orange train has grown as right turning traffic has had to queue the entire time the lights have been green. Chch needs more turn flow lights. Sometimes it is quicker to turn left then hang a u turn to go where you need to go.

Hotspurz']

[quote name='DaktaPhil said:

but anyone from chch think the old rules were far better in terms of travel time?

/quote]

We are new arrivals in Chch and have seen prior and since the new rules. Chch has a phenomenon called the orange train, it is the flow of cars turning after the lights have changed to orange and red. Since the law change the orange train has grown as right turning traffic has had to queue the entire time the lights have been green. Chch needs more turn flow lights. Sometimes it is quicker to turn left then hang a u turn to go where you need to go.

It is primarily caused by the cnuts that don't seem to understand the road rules.

Simply put, if light go's orange you have to stop (if the cnut behind you runs up your arse its his fault and as such is not a defence to getting a ticket for running a orange light). The cnut should be following the 2 second rule and not be so close to your arse anyway

If there is a car waiting to turn right IN the intersection you must stop and give way when the light turns orange...

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/roadcode/about-driving/the-give-way-rules.html

A yellow signal means stop, unless you are so close to the intersection that you can't stop safely.

A yellow signal indicates that the lights will soon turn red.

That is the only reason you can continue through an intersection on a yellow.

• 1 month later...
 Hotspurz']

[quote name='DaktaPhil said:

/quote]

Just move to auckland...It doesn't matter if it's even red haha they still go through it anyway :D