• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
 Four_Cam_Performance said:

what do you guys think of this? v7 sti 15 psi boost the wide band reading is 10.1 on full throttle how is this going to affect turbo spool.

thats a bit low on boost..stock is 18ish pounds and with decent exhaust peaks to 20ish

10.1 is rather rich..

what ias the afr on spool region

if its 10.1 all the way u will have poor spool as a bit lean on spool is better for a it

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my spec c already has a custom tune, what i am wondering is, can the water sprayer be adjusted in the tune?

I ask as my old v7 ra used the small water bottle in about a week, but my spec c has used half the big tank in 3 months, so it cant be doing much

• 3 months later...
 Dimonsta said:

Can i tune my 2000 impreza 20k this way? and how can i do it?

yes you can,

You need 3x things,

1x Wideband sensor (LC1) $250

1X Tactrix Cable (Google limitless for nz supplier) $237

1x Laptop with 2x spare usb ports

then visit romraider.com pretty much your self tuning bible. If still not keen to tune or mess with the tables (Warning you could most likely blow your motor if playing with things)

You could pay someone to tune it for a easy $250usd, and they can do it over email, (etune)

All up, about the same price as finding a dyno tuner locally that can tune open source, and not ecutek.

• 3 months later...
 Disruptz']

[quote name='Dimonsta said:

/quote]

yes you can,

You need 3x things,

then visit romraider.com pretty much your self tuning bible. If still not keen to tune or mess with the tables (Warning you could most likely blow your motor if playing with things)

You could pay someone to tune it for a easy $250usd, and they can do it over email, (etune)

All up, about the same price as finding a dyno tuner locally that can tune open source, and not ecutek.

I would not recommend tuning without a set of det cans. A trained ear can hear the onset of knock before the ECU\'s knock control strategies will react to it. These can be manufactured from a set of ear protectors and a garden hose connected to a piece of pipe bolted to the engine to transmit noise much the same as the acoustic telegraph pipe system you see in ships in old war films.

I use a professional electronic solution with headphones (Phormula Knock Analyzer Pro) however I appreciate that this is a bit of a financial outlay if you are tuning just your own car, rather than many vehicles on a commercial basis, so the home made solution may be preferred.

I would be very wary of any professional tuner who relies purely on the ECU\'s knock correction stratgies when tuning a customer\'s car.

Disruptz']

[quote name='Dimonsta said:

/quote]

yes you can,

You need 3x things,

You can use the Torque Performance guy for $150US. Very highly regarded on NASOIC. My Bro in-law has use him to tune his STi. He does tunes if you dont have a wide band.

kwi_fozze said:

Seen a few on T.M. for about the $250 mark. I have a catless exhaust, would the standard bolt in work on a holder poked up the exhaust? Or would i need to swap out the existing sensor? Or new bung welded in?

Do you need to run a delay or something due to the distance between the engine and sensor? Have read something of the sort but Ive been doing a lot of reading so wont be finding it for you.

• Joker unpinned this topic