• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Garrett turbos comparisons.

funkytown

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its more a case of there is other turbos out that can used but not a lot of info ( unless you have a library like mine ) Garrett is the s.l.u.t of the industry and advertise second to non so every time a turbo is mentioned even to non car people their name comes up.

From my side of things Garrett is far from being the best but lots of things come into that statement

If a setup/turbo does what you intended it to do then job done regardless what anyone else is using.

WRXONP']

[quote name='pappu said:

and tough outputs ;)

/quote]

where???

whenever i hear of holset turbos - all i see is huuuuge KW figures

where???

383.6kw/514hp at the wheels on 20psi

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/toyota/auction-475914829.htm

504 hp wrx

that wrx is super duper laggy!

pretty keen to try squeeze a hx55 on my rs :D

but this is a bit off topic in a garrett thread.

id love one of jon's turbos, goes so well in a 2l !

lol yeah, 2jz without a dyno plot, and a wrx with the worst dyno plot i have ever seen, are hardly convincing. seriously, 1000rpm power band...hahahaah, i would be spewing if a shop put that together for me. 150kw at 5000rpm and only just cracking 200kw at 5500rpm...embarrasing. even with a short ratio 6 speed that would be a pig to drive, and every where other than the drag strip, a standard sti with exhaust link and tune would be faster, let along a properly setup car.

sultan said:

lol yeah, 2jz without a dyno plot, and a wrx with the worst dyno plot i have ever seen, are hardly convincing. seriously, 1000rpm power band...hahahaah, i would be spewing if a shop put that together for me. 150kw at 5000rpm and only just cracking 200kw at 5500rpm...embarrasing. even with a short ratio 6 speed that would be a pig to drive, and every where other than the drag strip, a standard sti with exhaust link and tune would be faster, let along a properly setup car.

ill get a plot soon of mine has basically the same turbo as the black wrx but lots and lots more responce

sultan said:

Big motor big turbo, not really surprising. Small motor big power with response, now that's interesting

i gather you know how big a hx55 is? that is true to a degree then again ive done 2ltr subs running over 400kw and full boost at 3200 and yes pump gas

think outside the square people never say cant.

its internet BS and mind sets is why people say "it cant be done"

hes some BS for you i did a diahatsu 990cc down sized to 850 about 10 yrs ago ( to meet MANZ BS to be legal in the 1600cc class ) turned 170kw wheel on 18psi and 1.09 around puke now gauge that against results you see around here for a 2ltr sort of blows the theory on small motors.

vorigan']

[quote name='sultan said:

Big motor big turbo, not really surprising. Small motor big power with response, now that's interesting

/quote]

i gather you know how big a hx55 is? that is true to a degree then again ive done 2ltr subs running over 400kw and full boost at 3200 and yes pump gas

think outside the square people never say cant.

its internet BS and mind sets is why people say "it cant be done"

hes some BS for you i did a diahatsu 990cc down sized to 850 about 10 yrs ago ( to meet MANZ BS to be legal in the 1600cc class ) turned 170kw wheel on 18psi and 1.09 around puke now gauge that against results you see around here for a 2ltr sort of blows the theory on small motors.

yeah i remember you telling me about that diahatsu. would love to see a dyno plot of the 400kw 2ltrs you mention wiht spool that quick! like i said, that's the sort of thing that's interesting

depends ho you want the car really doesnt it?

im pretty sure everyone on here knows yor all about the mid range - its all you ever talk about - but some people wll take the insane tp end over mid range

yeah i remember you telling me about that diahatsu. would love to see a dyno plot of the 400kw 2ltrs you mention wiht spool that quick! like i said, that's the sort of thing that's interesting

never never NEVER EVER take the rear wing off the back of a diahatsu on puke when going down the back straight..........your butt hole gets very tight when it turns around on you half way down the back straight at the kink glad theres lots of grass there hahaha

WRXONP said:

depends ho you want the car really doesnt it?

im pretty sure everyone on here knows yor all about the mid range - its all you ever talk about - but some people wll take the insane tp end over mid range

you're wrong. i'm all about the everywhere. but you won't find an italian super car with a 2000rpm power band.