Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Who had drama doing a single conversion....

Stoffa

Im not doing it mostrandomguyaround just did one in a BH, he used an ECU that I sold him (from NZ new auto V5 wrx) and it wouldn't start, and threw a code for fuel pump and had no spark.

He then went and bought a v6 sti ecu and it started first pop. just wanting know what needs doing to use that ecu?

thats weird, I thought the ECU's were the same and its the cars wiring thats model specific for the immobiliser. I know my link G4 has both pins wired but my car only uses one pin.

A1 and A21 I think you'll find from memory

Stoffa said:

thats weird, I thought the ECU's were the same and its the cars wiring thats model specific for the immobiliser. I know my link G4 has both pins wired but my car only uses one pin.

A1 and A21 I think you'll find from memory

yea thats the ones... .. JDMs are a21, NZDM with immobilizer use a1.

If using a NZDM ECU, i am not sure that simply swaping the fuel relay wiring onto pin a1 will make it all work...

there may well be something else that needs doing or a compnent that is missing from the immobilzer system

was that you stoff that leant me that NZDM ECU that time for my BH ST conversion? coz i did borrow one and it was NZ new and didnt work... i.e. didnt prime the fuel relay/pump, but i never investigated further nor did i try to get it gng, i just got a JDM one.

Actually, the reason it wont start is because the BH's have a fuel pump CONTROLLER. You have to run a wire from the ECU behind the dash to the fuel pump relay. You'll also need to do a loop by the controller too.

See photo here: http://car.chriswiggins.co.nz/Manuals/BH-Fuel-Pump-Diagrams.jpg

You can also see the location of the controller here: http://car.chriswiggins.co.nz/Parts_and_Modifications/

There's heaps of info there that ReubenH and myself collected whilst doing my conversion. Feel free to use it all

Cheers

Chris

Nah not really Chris, this question is based around the fact that the cars wiring is already converted to single (the fuel relay/controller wiring incl) but depending on the ecu used (Jdm or nz) the pin for the fuel relay is either a1 or a21

Yeah I tried both in 1 and 21 as per the PossumLink diagram. In 1 the pump ran continuosly, and on 21 it didnt run at all and threw the code. But that wasnt the problem, the problem was no spark. I was also under the impression the immobiliser is in the key transponder reciever and the immobiliser ecm, which is seperate to the ECU. It also appears that in cars with immobilsers the crank and cam sensors are switched around for whatever reason. I traced the wires with the possum link diagrams to confirm that my car didnt have an immobiliser installed.

PS, I had already bypassed the fuel pump controller successfully. Also something to note for ya Gazzy. The diagram you have for the fuel pump relay was wrong for my particular car. There are 2 relays, one above the other. Both have a black earth. In the diagram the bottom one is the fuel pump relay, but in my car it was the top relay. Either way, of the two, its the one with the green plug on the back.

PPS, The ECU I bought was a version 6 STi jobby. Along with the STi engine and other bits, this car goes well wicked now :)

@mostrandomguy - yea right well i wonder with the NZDM ECU there is like an immbolizer control unit, where by ther ECU has a pin out from 1a to that unit, and from there that unit turns/controls the fuel relay, or something like that

be good to have a NZ new v5/6 WRX wiring diagram....

• 1 month later...

Hey there semi related, i am about to do an ecu swap on my nz new 99 ver 6 wrx. I was wondering if you ever figured out the problem with running the ecu? ive read elsewhere that with the audm ecu's they had to change around the cam and crank sensors around pins a5 and a6 on their ecu?

cheers

max