Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V3/V4 STI engine into V2 STI RA

Hi just bought a v3 sti eng for my sti ra v2. the V3 eng currently has a twisted turbo setup stock injectors (440)

bascially want to know if i can run the v3 sti manifold that comes with it as it has parallel fuel setup an is currently already flipped. i know the engine will bolt up no worries just want to know about wiring, sensors etc

thanks

danz

greatdanz said:

Hi just bought a v3 sti eng for my sti ra v2. the V3 eng currently has a twisted turbo setup stock injectors (440)

bascially want to know if i can run the v3 sti manifold that comes with it as it has parallel fuel setup an is currently already flipped. i know the engine will bolt up no worries just want to know about wiring, sensors etc

thanks

danz

can be done for sure, there will be minor things to modify obviously, i run a flipped v3 manifold in my v2.

greatdanz said:

did you have to modify the loom?

the only part of loom i changed was tps wiring but that was only cause i adapted the v3 throttle body/tps into the v2 loom. which is 3 wire as opposed to 4 wire. you may also need to do this as it will be easier for you to stick with the version 3 throttle body too.

however my whole manifold isnt flipped, its had the centre modified so still bolted in same way as factory. if your whole maifold is flipped then i believe you will need to extend the wiring for idle control valve, as that will be sitting by the power steering pump now.

greatdanz said:

great thanks for your help, im unsure about the fully flipped manifold but this is what i bought

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=451785710

and hoping that i dont have to fully modify that much to make it fit into my STI RA v2 (wishful thinking)

nice, similar colour manifold to mine.

should be pretty straight forward since thats all setup. but yea looks like v3 throttle body so you will need to change tps wiring, and extend wires to reach idle control valve.

im thinking you would need to do something to use the v3 coil setup since you have complete v3 engine, but i know next to nothing bout that sorry, im still using coil on plug.

hmmm just thinking, what ecu are you planning to use? do you have a link?

at the moment its got a Zerosports ECU in it , came from japan with it . and has a agrresive tune. but its untunable here in nz, also im running v7 sti ignition so 4 ignitors (coil on plug ) instead of one ignitor (std v2 sti ra) im gonna continue to use the zero sports ecu so i wont be able to use the engines full potenital but it should still work a treat. ill proberly end up using the my current igintion setup.

just a quick qq..

you smoked the first engine how?

greatdanz said:

at the moment its got a Zerosports ECU in it , came from japan with it . and has a agrresive tune.

with the new motor are you still planning to keep using it, might pay to get it checked out for AFR / boost maps and the like once the new block is in?