• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Braided Brake lines

a very good mod in conjunction with good break fluid

i recently had Brad do it on my v7 and the whole breaking went up a few steps

the pads came down to the metal and yet i was getting consistant break feel

well recomended

thanks for comments..

i have some good rotors and pads now.. and uprated fluid to take.. RBF660 to those that know what that is.

Also brake cylinder booster is on its way..

What sorta price would one be looking at ballpark?

BC5RA']

Why would you even consider getting braided line's on only one end?

I guessed this but wasnt sure - hence me asking ;)

[quote name='newsuba said:

The important thing is that they meet approved safety standards and carry markings to such effect.

Whats this safety standard and how do you tell whats what?

There are considerations for warrants etc right?

NZTA have prescribed safety standards that braided lines must meet to avoid the need for certification.

The Australian Design Rules is one, German TUV is one, US DOT FMVSS106 is another.

If you look at the pix in the TM link you will see yellow tags at each end.

They are marked "FMVSS106" and indicate to anyone checking (eg. WOF inspectors) that they meet NZTA safety standards.

Guest loren

for what it's worth, I bought a set of goodridge brake lines a couple of years back, and my mechanic

refused to put them on the car because they didn't have the little hooks (on the banjo bolts) that go

into the caliper and stop them from rotating. He seemed to think that a rock would be able to move

the position of the line without the hook.

It was kind of annoying because the protective rubber boots that were shipped over the banjo bolts,

had hooks on them, but the bolts themselves did not.

loren said:

for what it's worth, I bought a set of goodridge brake lines a couple of years back, and my mechanic

refused to put them on the car because they didn't have the little hooks (on the banjo bolts) that go

into the caliper and stop them from rotating. He seemed to think that a rock would be able to move

the position of the line without the hook.

It was kind of annoying because the protective rubber boots that were shipped over the banjo bolts,

had hooks on them, but the bolts themselves did not.

I wondered about this as the rear 2 pots dont have the braces on the four corners surrounding the banjo on the caliper itself but they worked fine for a long time until i swapped back to the singles for a wof. Shouldnt be a worry if tightened enough i wouldnt think.

Guest loren
 V8eta said:

I'm running the Goodridges, no issues as yet Loren (cross my fingers) ;)

yeah, he was more concerned about off road driving... a rally car would have proper under car protection,

but a club car doing grass or gravel probably not. I do think he was being a bit sissy now though.

True, i would have thought you would find the gravel stuff a bit bumpy these days with the coilovers Loren?

They did survive Todd Park but that's as far off road as i have gone with them haha.

• 2 weeks later...

they only need the markings on them if they are hand assembled. The goodridge ones that guy on trademe is selling have the yellow tag but they have no markings. as long as they are a swaged fitting they will pass a wof.

Guest boostcut
 Stoffa said:

they only need the markings on them if they are hand assembled. The goodridge ones that guy on trademe is selling have the yellow tag but they have no markings. as long as they are a swaged fitting they will pass a wof.

this statement is not entirely true. i am going to be starting work at hydraulink in 2 weeks and have asked if they make braided brake lines... they said they can but there is apparently a law that prevents them from doing so... the braid they use is good for 6000psi aswell so not sure on the problem? but will let you know when i do.