Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

adjusties

Are they worth it? all the hassle with LVV?

What are the advantages?

" " Disavantages?

And i heard that my 18" RSGT's wont't fit anymore if i get adjusties? true?

EVILB4 said:

And i heard that my 18" RSGT's wont't fit anymore if i get adjusties? true?

I dont see why they wouoldn't

if you set the adjustys high the will fit, mite not if you have them low, mite need to roll your gaurds etc

hassles with lvv is $$$

Advantages: stiffer & better handling, adjusting there height & rebound settings etc

Disavantages: once certed at a high you can only move them +/- 5% of that high, stiffer - bumpyer ride

Ive also got some adjustys setup in my legacy and was wondering if when you go get a cert do you have to have them set at a certain hight or does the certifier set them to where he thinks is "safe" etc? just dont wanna go for a cert and fail cos I had them to low etc and have to do it all over again? anyone know?

zarnah said:

Ive also got some adjustys setup in my legacy and was wondering if when you go get a cert do you have to have them set at a certain hight or does the certifier set them to where he thinks is "safe" etc? just dont wanna go for a cert and fail cos I had them to low etc and have to do it all over again? anyone know?

i think just take it in at the height u want chanege it if u fail and u get rechecks for free?

duno the height, im sure ur aloud below 100mm though

100ml is the Legal limit, any lower and they wo'nt W.O.F your car unless they raise it up, which is what happened to me, spent $1600.. getting my car sussed 4 a W.O.F, not kool, i'd imagine it'd be the same for the cert, make sure it's sitting at 100ml or higher.. :)

Wrxn said:

100ml is the Legal limit, any lower and they wo'nt W.O.F your car unless they raise it up, which is what happened to me, spent $1600.. getting my car sussed 4 a W.O.F, not kool, i'd imagine it'd be the same for the cert, make sure it's sitting at 100ml or higher.. :)

ive been told ur aloud below the 100mm? and if its certed for it then thats fine?

ive a toyota soarer that was so low it sprked its exhuast everywhere, seen it get pulled over heaps aswell, never got a fine coz it was certed tho? mite depend where you take your car for cert

Joker said:

Exhaust can be touching ground and still get a WOF - it aint structural

if certed for a certain height I think they allow 30mm +/- leeway if you get checked/wof'ed etc

I thought exhuast & all other non-structural parts had to be 50mm or 70mm (i cant quite remmeber)

but im sure there was a certain height it had to meet?

pl0x']

[quote name='Joker said:

Exhaust can be touching ground and still get a WOF - it aint structural

if certed for a certain height I think they allow 30mm +/- leeway if you get checked/wof'ed etc

/quote]

I thought exhuast & all other non-structural parts had to be 50mm or 70mm (i cant quite remmeber)

but im sure there was a certain height it had to meet?

I think it is 50mm for non-structural(i.e exhaust, body kits) and 100mm for structural such as steering components and body rails.

If your Low volumed you can be whatevr height you wanna be. I had the arguement with VTNZin Palmy over heights of exhaust etc and that i still had to be 100ml. After i rung the LVV tech he backed down. You can be whatever height you want but it still comes down to the WOF tech. I have been told off for it being TOO stiff and that i may break ball joints. But the spring rates were factory so no chance of that. Just be careful who you take it too even when its certed. The guy i goto now doesnt care, just said if its gota cert plate he'll wof it no matter how high or low.

Yep Swindogs comments are pretty much right. The only thing they really check for a cert when you have adjustables is whether the springs are still captive at full stretch. They'll hoist the car up and check for movement. If there is movement, you'll either need to raise it back up, or get some keeper springs that sit on top of the coils.

Height of the exhaust off the ground doesn't matter, the lowest structural point of your car is normally the rear diff. I had my car lowered on Teins pretty much as low as it could ever go, and the diff was still 100mm off the ground so it would basically have to have no springs at all to be too low.

Once your car is certed, the height from the middle of the rim to the guard is measured. If you change this height within +/- 5% then it's still okay to pass a warrant. Any more than this then you'll need to get it re-certed. For instance, if the measured height is 300mm, then you can raise or lower it 15mm either way with no issues.

I did however get warned that the coilovers I had were very, very stiff and it could cause problems with other parts, but it wasn't a certification issue.

Guest dpi(II)

If you have adjustables, and the springs arn't captive...they are fitted wrong!

If you want to lower your car, get height adjustable suspension, don't just wind down the spring seat.

And, adjustables don't have to be stiff as hell either.

My Buddyclub Pro spec dampers can be adjusted to softest setting which is almost identicle to factory STI struts.

Certing (as long as the adjustables have been fitted properly, and you don't have big arse spacers pushing your wheels out of your guards) is usually a breeze.

I'm onto my third car with adjustables and i'd recomend them every time.