Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Legacy keyless entry Gen I-III/89-2003

• 4 weeks later...
 Erelyes said:
The instructions later in the thread must apply to BG's cos it doesn't work for my BH

So odd, last time I tried everything in that image and it didn't work.

Something I did must have changed something because the above instructions worked great.

My ineptitude, thanks for the help!

• 9 months later...

its almost same as bp and forester models. remove drivers kick penal and connect white connectors, close drivers doors and double press remote key. remove white connector, and check.

in case of bp legacys the lock switch on drivers master switch has to be held, but bh legacys dont have this.

before you do reprogramming check the remote battery.

• General Member

your talking about a new KEY FOB

subirex said:

its almost same as bp and forester models. remove drivers kick penal and connect white connectors, close drivers doors and double press remote key. remove white connector, and check.

in case of bp legacys the lock switch on drivers master switch has to be held, but bh legacys dont have this.

not setting up the pin code / keyless entry for lifting the door handle method of entering the car

two different things

JoKer']

your talking about a new KEY FOB

[quote name='subirex said:

/quote]

not setting up the pin code / keyless entry for lifting the door handle method of entering the car

two different things

Yea Jokers right, I want to know how to set the door handle pin?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I'm new to Subaru (just bought a 2002 Lancaster 6), still in discovery mode, but the more I find out, the more I love this thing...however...I've tried the procedure but seem to have failed. When it gets into "record mode", the long beep comes in, but whatever I do, nothing happens from then. It doesn't react to handle pulls, or anything, Has the process changed after 2000? As I don't have lock/unlock button (it's just a plain key) I also tried turning ignition on, or to ACC position - I don't even get the record mode then.

Any toughs?

Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

Been trying to program a new key fob on my bh all afternoon with no luck, tried following the instructions above, new battery and 3 remotes and nothing seems to register the key to the car. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Car beeps when handle is pulled but i cant set the code without a key being programmed to the car :/

• 4 months later...

SilverRsk did you have any luck getting your new key fob to work? I have a BH as well with the OEM fob but the battery went flat in it and with a new battery does not seem to work but when I follow the procedures above the lock open closes when I press the button twice but the fob has 2 buttons so I'm not sure where to go with it....

From workshop manual:

REPLACEMENT

1. TRANSMITTER REGISTRATION

NOTE:

A maximum of 3 transmitters can be registered for

each individual vehicle.

1) Remove the side sill cover at the driver's side,

then connect the registration connectors at the

front pillar lower section.

2) Unlock the door lock.

3) Press any button of the transmitter twice to be

registered.

4) The door lock will automatically lock and unlock

in sequence. This indicates the completion of transmitter

registration for the first transmitter.

5) If registration of another transmitter is now to be

carried out, repeat procedure 3) and 4).

6) Disconnect the registration connectors after the

completion of all registration operations. After confirming

the operation of the door lock using the

newly registered transmitter(s), reinstall the side sill

cover at the driver's side.

Thanks Rosssub! I've done all that get the indication of the locks locking and unlocking but once I pull the plugs and test nothing happens which is strange...

Also it's taking more than 2 presses of the button for the locks to cycle.

I'm not sure if I should note that I have The 2 button key FOB with lock and open buttons

• 2 months later...