Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

wrx v2 engine into legacy starting problems

Green Machine

Hello,

I have put a v2 wrx engine into a 96 gtb legacy as I was told by alot of guys on here that it will go in no problems...

Turns out they were kinda wrong as alot of things are different.

Now the car turns over fine but wont start as its got no spark. I used the single turbo conversion guide to wire up a 1S ecu from a v3/v4 wrx and have converted the engine to the single coil pack with spark plug leads. But im still getting no spark.

With the loom I used the standard wrx loom as most of the plugs were the same and there was one different plug of about 8 wires that went to the drivers side firewall in the wrx but was a different plug but on the passanger side in the legacy. There was the same amount of wires and all the colours were the same so I just assumed they were the same. Was I wrong?

Is there likely that there is something I have missed and something that needs changing?? I have used gtb injectors but I have not changed from a 4 wire to a 3 wire tps. I assumed again here that this would not stop it from starting but would cause it to run like shit? Was I wrong and I need to convert this before going any further?

Is there a way to convert my 4wire to trick the ecu into thinking its the 3 wire tps??

Also does anyone with a wrx v3/v4 have a picture or diagram of where the booster solanoids and the 2 other solanoids vac hoses that were in the BBOD go to? I may have got those wrong aswell but again I assume that wouldnt cause it to not start.

I have fuel but am no getting any spark. I have double checked all my wiring and its all correct as per the diagram I used in the single turbo conversion thread.

Thanks for reading if your still with me. If you have any ideas and I mean any ideas at all im all ears.

Thanks Haden

Yes I have an igniter wired up. yes I know I should have used a v3/v4 engine but I was being cheap and asked on here and people seemed to think that a v2 engine would work just as easy on a gtb...Dont know why I assumed it would. Must have drunk to much that week.

The car sounds like its trying to fire for a second when I first turn it on so might be a grounding issue somewhere.

the plug with the 8 wires sounds like the sheilded stuff, i.e cam angle, crank angle and knock sensors. if those are wired wrong theres no way it'll run.

if the cam or crank sensors are unplugged they will stop the fuel or spark depending on which sensor, cant remember which way round it is though sorry

• 2 weeks later...