Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Factory Boost For Foz

Guest dcornie

Guest dcornie

just wondering what the factory boost is for the foz as i have a profec b specII boost controller and it spikes to 13.5 and drops back down to 10 any help appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dcornie

if factory boost is 11 then why is mine only running a maximum of 7 could my wastegate be f****d?

Guest dcornie

no i haven't plus it spikes heaps to pi***ng me off

how would i check? i am not that technically minded

take it to someone who is technically minded :-\

could be wastegate is sticking open\closed, could be some one had played with the lines (last owner may have had a boost controller etc) and it's been installed wrong.

I'll try get a photo of how the lines should run and where the restrictor shuld be, i can't remember off the top of my head

Here's the layout.

cobb1.jpg

A good way to check stuff is run through in sequence. If it sounds too hard go to your mech.

open the bonnet.

look at all the hoses going to and from the wastegate actuator and the solenoids on the strut pillar-check their all plugged in properly and don't leak or have cracks etc.

Check all the fittings are tight. If a hose pulls off really easily then use a cable tie or wire. It should hold some air pressure. A good cause of leaky bits is the T fitting that goes off to you're boost guage/turbo timer as it wasn't fitted at the factory and might be crappy.

check that the short bit of hose to the right of the actuator (that's where mine is) has a lump in the middle of it. It's the restricitor pill.

Then if you happen to have a compression pump or a big syringe, attach it to the short hose from the actuator then squeeze it in. the arm on your actuator should push the gate open. You might have to remove the sheilding to see properly.

If it doesn't move easily then it could be seized.

How do I know?

When I first got my car it would boost cut all the time. went from cruising to a little bit of gas then bang as the fuel was cut. It was boosting from 10 straight to 16. Turned out to be a sticky gate and a leaky T peice.

Hi my 1997 gtb legacy has a forester engine inside it (fink the engine is a 1997 wrx) my mechanic had used an sti comp in inside it (version 4sti) and some how by passed my boost setting to .5bar

How can i put my boost setting back to 1bar?

• 1 month later...
Guest itsgotgo
 benniepak said:

hey guys i got a GFB manual boost tap and it was running good till one day boost went bak down to 8psi?????

no matter how much i turn it up or down the most it will go is 8-9psi...help please

sounds like the tap needs a clean,ball and spring inside has become jammed. :)

Hi

I have a forester, with full aftermarket exhaust, factory boost seems to be around 11psi.

By factory i mean with factory solenoid :)

I also have a Gravel express, With aftermarket turbo and aftermarket full exhaust, Boost is around 14psi with factory solenoid, but before modifications was around 11.2psi

itsgotgo']

[quote name='benniepak said:

hey guys i got a GFB manual boost tap and it was running good till one day boost went bak down to 8psi?????

no matter how much i turn it up or down the most it will go is 8-9psi...help please

/quote]

sounds like the tap needs a clean,ball and spring inside has become jammed. :)

hey mate um GFB Atomic dont have a ball and spring likt the turbosmart and other....any other ideas please

benniepak']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

Full exahust wtih a siamese downpipe usually ups the boost a tad as it frees the flow up a bit...

/quote]

do u know wea i can get a full exhaust n down pipe from??? been looking everywea

You can buy them new thru an exhaust shop, or keep an eye out ot on trademe or on here, they quite often pop up.