Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

getting a highly modified car back on the road

off2harrys

are they anal on getting modified cars revinned?,as i know where a 10sec gsr/evo thats been sitting for 6years in a garage.ive only seen it quickly and havent seen the engine yet (still locked up),but its pretty nice,evo3 kit,enkeis,re-upholsted interior in white leather etc.if so ill prob still get and strip but id rather drive it.ive met the guy who owned it and id say its got a screamer and no certs.

^ OR you could do it the legal way.

Here's the LEGAL process for doing it.

- Find yourself a LVV Certifier. Get the car Certed (This means goodbye screamer pipe, hell, any of the above mean that)

- Go talk to VTNZ Sylvia Park about a vehicle recertification (Re-vin is a misnomer because you retain your current VIN) These guys are good, I took my BC5 through them a number of years ago and passed with an AA grade once I replaced a leaking shock and a leaky indicator

- Once you pass, Pay the $270 (for 6 months) registration fee, this gives you your plates.

Done, go back for a WOF in 6 months.

hate-evoz']

[quote name='Wiretap said:

- Find yourself a LVV Certifier. Get the car Certed (This means goodbye screamer pipe, hell, any of the above mean that)

- Go talk to VTNZ Sylvia Park about a vehicle recertification (Re-vin is a misnomer because you retain your current VIN) These guys are good, I took my BC5 through them a number of years ago and passed with an AA grade once I replaced a leaking shock and a leaky indicator

- Once you pass, Pay the $270 (for 6 months) registration fee, this gives you your plates.

/quote]

Pfft your a know it all mate, My way is a way to do it.

But is it LEGAL, it may be easy but if it is not legal then it has no place on this forum or really in this world.

illegal cars/drivers do my head in I spend $1000's a year making sure the 25 odd vehicles in my fleet are up to scratch and ALWAYS legal at all times not just when it is due for a WOF/COF, and then i see people driving around in obviously illegal/dangerous cars and it get very pissed off, if you cant keep your car legal then you should not own one /rant

Oh and before you say yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah, I have pulled Bodies out of cars that have caused crashes because of illegal mods so I am a bit anal about them

wrx_lou said:

To be fair I think you all jumped the gun assuming he was suggesting an illegal option.

It would be fair to say the poster in question insinuates its illegal and given some of the past posts we've seen around FTP FTP FTP FTP - i think its a reasonable assumption demo's arrived at...

If hate-evo's wishes to elaborate on a particularly easier legal method I'm sure we'd all love to hear :)

hate-evoz']

[quote name='Wiretap said:

/quote]

Pfft your a know it all mate, My way is a way to do it.

But is it LEGAL, it may be easy but if it is not legal then it has no place on this forum or really in this world.

illegal cars/drivers do my head in I spend $1000's a year making sure the 25 odd vehicles in my fleet are up to scratch and ALWAYS legal at all times not just when it is due for a WOF/COF, and then i see people driving around in obviously illegal/dangerous cars and it get very pissed off, if you cant keep your car legal then you should not own one /rant

Oh and before you say yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah, I have pulled Bodies out of cars that have caused crashes because of illegal mods so I am a bit anal about them

Fireman are ya? Good on ya mate!

Yes I am a Volunteer fire fighter and have been for nigh on 20 years,have been to plenty of crashes caused by alcohol/drugs and to a few caused by illegal mods(mainly cutties becoming unattached and cutting brake lines)

so yes a bit anal about them.

Hate-evoz you did word it incorrectly and there are illegal ways to get a car WOFed which is all you really need to get a car registered,also you have posted about not liking getting pulled over and pink stickered and how wrong it was,so you are being watched. :)

Lol this went off track a bit,yea not wanting to do anything dodgy,just hoping to get it on the road without spending a fortune putting it back to standard or something silly like that.I can get it for 3gs but if its gonna cost a couple gs more i wont bother ill just rip it to bits,just dont know what the go is with big aftermarket turbos,injectors etc,it apparently ran a 10.2 1/4 and has had over 30k pumped into it.ill have a better idea once i get to check it out properly

• Admin
 off2harrys said:

Lol this went off track a bit,yea not wanting to do anything dodgy,just hoping to get it on the road without spending a fortune putting it back to standard or something silly like that.I can get it for 3gs but if its gonna cost a couple gs more i wont bother ill just rip it to bits,just dont know what the go is with big aftermarket turbos,injectors etc,it apparently ran a 10.2 1/4 and has had over 30k pumped into it.ill have a better idea once i get to check it out properly

Check out its history verrrry carefully.

3k for a car with 30k of work on it, to me, says something is not right.

It hasn't been sitting in a garage for 6 years 'cooling off' has it?

nah its a white gsr with evo running gear.its my best mates>girlfriends>sisters>boyfriend (lol),he worked at mitsi as a mechanic here in tga if i recall,he did somewhat do the runners cause he owed money though so yea i wanna car jam it first apparantly wasnt in his name though.such a waste of a car.

off2harrys said:

nah its a white gsr with evo running gear.its my best mates>girlfriends>sisters>boyfriend (lol),he worked at mitsi as a mechanic here in tga if i recall,he did somewhat do the runners cause he owed money though so yea i wanna car jam it first apparantly wasnt in his name though.such a waste of a car.

give me your best mates>girlfriends>sisters>boyfriends number ill buy it and check it out for you. is it on the record books?

gsr with evo running gear is common. people retain gsr drivetrain for shorter ratio box too. Only thing is gsr lsd NRWE boxes are hell hard to find. Gsr shells are about 70kg lighter i think but also cheaper as a shell to buy. Doing forged evo conversion atm with missus car.

hate-evoz said:

evo 1 and evo 2 roofs usually rust out badly and eventually need replacing thats why people do gsr conversions also its hard to find genuine evos that arent molested these days.. evo 3s roofs are good.

evo 3 are just as bad. some evo 4s do it and 95-96 gsr is common too. Gsrs are the same shell too...if you understand what goes wrong you will realise why it effects gsrs, evo 1-4, liberos and lancer wagons...anything in that 91-96 period got funked from factory. The evo 1 and 2 look is making a big comeback with all the fibreglass gsr evo kits with stock gsr guards. Put me right off evo 3 kits. Either plastic with evo huards or stock gsr front dont half arse it.

Black cars are the worst.

your source is all s*** who ever wrote it needs some mild education. Its a lot harder to find a evo/libero/gsr with a good roof than it is to find and unmolested one. Trust me i follow evos...more of a mitzi man than a subaru man. Evo parts are so over priced wrxs are a healthy change.

evo 2 have the lip. Libero facelift 95-96 come with evo guards/front mount/evo 1 front bar other shit too but this is a subaru forum lol.

evo 3 are 700 from a wrecker and they never have them. most plastic evo 3 bumpers have fibreglass lips coz they wreck the plastic originals ones.