Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Taken by you! Car Photo's/Photography Talk

GC82GO

Hi all, just starting a thread to see the talent of cars and Photographers out there. Ive just aquired me my first DSLR Camera. And id have to say they are awesome. Ill be always posting up photos that i have taken as my camera is now attached to my neck. :P

Apologies to photograph experts out there, as i had no idea on how to set the camera up when i took my first photos (That i have posted up), but now I have learnt what most settings do, and can now take better photo's. ah yeah BIG Thanks to speedhunters for giving me inspiration.!!!

Note** All these photos were taken without using a tripod/aid, using a Entry Level Canon EOS 450d/EOS Kiss x2 (Japanese), and a basic Canon EFS 18-55mm Lense

My mates Nissan C35 Laurel on 18x9s & 18x11s, RB25 Neo Straight 6, HKS Pod filter, Kei Office Adjustables, Rear camber arms. The daily roller.

img3246op.jpg

img3244re.jpg

img3241lo.jpg

img3232as.jpg

img3220wq.jpg

img3199n.jpg

img3180x.jpg

haha little running man

img3178c.jpg

Human fuel., after messing around with the light settings on the camera, the image looks like this, it was actually a fully gleaming day, Full light even behind the glass.

GC82GO said:

Im looking to get a polarised/UV lense filter. These will help take away alot of the white haize that comes with having reflections. Also a Tripod..... I have the shakes to badly.

Make sure your lens doesn't rotate when zoomed/focusing, the cheaper ones do and this doesn't work well with polarise filters

MercuryFree']

[quote name='GC82GO said:

Im looking to get a polarised/UV lense filter. These will help take away alot of the white haize that comes with having reflections. Also a Tripod..... I have the shakes to badly.

/quote]

Make sure your lens doesn't rotate when zoomed/focusing, the cheaper ones do and this doesn't work well with polarise filters

Im not sure if it does or not? But i have found a Polarised filter recomended for the Canon DSLR i have. I have 2 Lenses, I think it was a kit. But i don't see how it would effect it? (Help me understand) Maybe if i was using a Graduated ND Filter, where its more tinted to one side of the filter, would be a issue there.

Animation_polariseur_2.gif

If your lens element rotates you need to adjust the angle of the polariser before you can take the photo because the rotation affects the angle of polarisation.

Cheaper lenses have a rotating front element, more expensive ones do not.

In terms of Canon lenses, the only sub-$600 lens that I can recall off the top of my head that doesn't have a rotating front element is the 50mm f/1.8 II.

Not sure what kit lenses you have, but the 18-55, 18-55 IS, 75-300 (the cheapest one at least), 55-250 and I assume the 15-85 and 18-200 all rotate.

You can still use a polariser, but it is much more of a pain than with a non-rotating lens

Ahh yes, i must have entry level Lenses, i see what you mean now! I just went and brought a Marumi DHG CIR PL. I did not know you could adjust the Polarizer. This is awesome, more adjustability. It doesnt bother me too much that the polarizer has to be adjusted for each shot, i use full Manual control anyway now.

got myself a 60D with a crap lens aperture onlt goes down to 3.5, still having a play learning to use it. Think im about to buy one of these...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/camera-accessories/lenses/canon/auction-503459447.htm a guy in a camera shop was trying to talk me into one for its good aperture settings....cheap enough to have a play before I know what good lenses I may want later on

Stoffa said:
Think im about to buy one of these...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/camera-accessories/lenses/canon/auction-503459447.htm a guy in a camera shop was trying to talk me into one for its good aperture settings....cheap enough to have a play before I know what good lenses I may want later on

People call those f1.8 lenses "plastic fantastic" - amazing thing for it's price (especially if you can score yourself an MK I version of it), honestly. Had one of those, only sold to upgrade to f1.4.

My current set-up is:

Canon 7D + battery grip

50mm f1.4

60mm f2.8 macro

17-40 f4L

70-200 f2.8IS L

x2 extender

430II + Fong's lightsphere

Manfrotto tripod+monopod

Not much into car's photography though... yet :D

I dont know my photography terms or camera functions but i use either my LG Optimus 3d phone for quick upload pics or the canon sx130is powershot its 12.1mega pixels 12x optical zoom.... with 5.0-60.0mm 1:3.4-5.6 (whatever that means someone can enlighten me) which took these pic's a fair few months ago from & i was quite amazed with the zoom it has, not so much the quality in detail of the long shots,but i was just pushing the button not using its options.

they are taken from a good hundred plus meters away looking back & the car is not moved at all, you can see all the power poles are looking so close together too down the road, the others were different angles trying to get the trees & sun setting together :)

414.jpg

412.jpg

410.jpg

409.jpg

404.jpg

403.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
 Skygravel said:

Using Canon 5D mk 2 24-70mm f2.8 in the main for my shots, great camera, nice and sharp.

If you want to view you photo's on the TV re size to 1024 on the long edge with high quality, will give you a small file size, looks awesome on you TV, not so good on the computer though.

My Motor

/tmp/PreviewPasteboardItems/20110814-IMG_3329.jpg

/tmp/PreviewPasteboardItems/20110814-IMG_3331.jpg

Wifes Motor

Brother back in the UK 'Chevron Motorsport' modified this to a 1000bhp monster

/tmp/PreviewPasteboardItems/20091027-IMG_2900.jpg

Maclaren SLR

/tmp/PreviewPasteboardItems/20091027-IMG_2785.jpg

Try upload your photos here: http://imgur.com/ and use the code for forums.