Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Detonating

twinturboboy

Hi guys I\'m from Nelson And I\'m getting sick of my 01\' GTB E-tune pinking - it only does it a very little bit - it has done it less since I did the AFM and Spark Plugs but It still does do it.

I bought the car from Palmerston North and the previous guy ran it on 98 and he had no issues - but since we dont have 98 in Nelson - (will always be moaning about this!!) >:( I\'m wondering how other guys get on around in Nelson do their cars pink? or do most guys that have STI\'s or E-tunes have their ECU\'s reflashed I do see plenty of E-tunes around Nelson and wonder how their owners get on with this issue

Can someone from Nelson advise me what they do about this or should I just get my ECU reflashed - also how much less boost wont I have from doing this?

Please help

Cheers

Terry

Oh right, I think I might be experiencing the same problem then, almost to the T actually, previous owner ran it on 98 and the highest octane I\'ve found in queenstown is 95. I\'ve had the car for little over a month and a light knocking sound has developed.

Could I be experiencing the same thing? pertrol related? or could it be somethin else?

Sorry if this interrupts the thread

The 01\'s are rev D\'s ae? They can be tuned as they\'ve the legacy counterpart of the v7 wrx, so they have the ability to be re-tuned/re-mapped for different fuels.

That\'s my understanding anyway, correct me if I\'m wrong.

I thought they had 98 in nellyville, tried richmond or mot?

Na mate no 98 here or not - really pisses me off because they have 98 in Blenheim and Westport - if I\'m going to get it reflashed or tuned - I will have to got to CHCH and use Crowes Motorsport or Armstrong so I need to make a decision about whether to get it reflashed or not

Didn\'t shell used to have it before they went Z? I don\'t know only just got my car going and my parents are cheap and put 91 in the beamer, taking it over to spring grove for a wof tomorrow(murch is all booked up)

Though re-flashing is definately the way to go to run better on the lower octane fuel.

If you retune it to run 95, you can roll 98 or 95.

• 2 weeks later...