Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Detonating

twinturboboy

Never-Go-Full-Retard.jpg

In other news like I said drop the boost back a bit also

I read somewhere a while back that the "reflash" the dealers do is nothing more than a reset and solid fang to have the ECU do some relearning on lower octane, like an opposite of the old "reset ECU bung avgas in thrash t!ts off car" trick on 90\'s skylines /mitsis to get a couple degrees advance thrown in for the day

(that trick does work but I have nooooo idea how it pans out on newer stuff)

twinturboboy said:

Armstrong Subaru in CHCH will do a reflash for $200

but do they mean a reflash properly or a reflash to factory specs.... cos that is 2 very different things. Like do they even dyno it? $200 is just WAY too cheap to not ask a few questions to make sure its all good...

I still cant believe the don\'t have 98 there.... The port is a bloody BP storage depot! I used to just run my B4 on 95 when living there, MUCH prefers a diet of 98 now.

I thought of getting a online petition going to bring 98 to Nelson, there\'s plenty of high performance cars floating around in the area that should be running on 98.

lunchie']

[quote name='twinturboboy said:

Armstrong Subaru in CHCH will do a reflash for $200

/quote]

but do they mean a reflash properly or a reflash to factory specs.... cos that is 2 very different things. Like do they even dyno it? $200 is just WAY too cheap to not ask a few questions to make sure its all good...

What they told me is because my E-tune is a Jap import it was tuned to run on 100 octane so when it came here it didn\'t like our s*** fuel - so what Armstrongs were going to do was to load a pack file of some sort which basicly cuts the boost a wee bit and made it run better - the NZ new E-tunes were fine because they already had this file update in their ECU

yeah from the sounds of things its not a REFLASH in the way we think about it but rather a reflash that swaps out the JDM map for an NZDM map which was designed for lower octane. So more of a resetting than a reflash but either way should do the trick very well.

Just be prepared for a small drop in performance but I wouldnt expect much. if it bothers you then get a proper reflash and have the best of both worlds.

94 Leone said:

Yeah, my folks seem to think you can get 98 at BP IN nelson, not richmond area, haven\'t been in ages, so can\'t confirm. I heard there\'s already a petition up to get it, but obviously has had bother all publicity.

Neither BP at the port sell it or Queen St, Richmond I think thats the only BP stations in the area from memory. Shell/Z stations everywhere instead :D

Jord']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

Yeah, my folks seem to think you can get 98 at BP IN nelson, not richmond area, haven\'t been in ages, so can\'t confirm. I heard there\'s already a petition up to get it, but obviously has had bother all publicity.

/quote]

Neither BP at the port sell it or Queen St, Richmond I think thats the only BP stations in the area from memory. Shell/Z stations everywhere instead :D

GAY

• 2 months later...
 Jord said:

I still cant believe the don\'t have 98 there.... The port is a bloody BP storage depot! I used to just run my B4 on 95 when living there, MUCH prefers a diet of 98 now.

I thought of getting a online petition going to bring 98 to Nelson, there\'s plenty of high performance cars floating around in the area that should be running on 98.

What does anyone in Nelson think of this idea? - I was in gisborne the other day and it annoyed me how we dont have even one pump in Nelson with 98 available >:(

twinturboboy']

[quote name='Jord said:

I thought of getting a online petition going to bring 98 to Nelson, there\'s plenty of high performance cars floating around in the area that b]should[/b] be running on 98.

What does anyone in Nelson think of this idea? - I was in gisborne the other day and it annoyed me how we dont have even one pump in Nelson with 98 available >:(

The population is the same as Wanganui...

Generally speaking it\'s up to the owner of the individual service stations, not BP, to come up with the cash to replace the tanks and equipment to suit 98. Most being small business owners don\'t have the want, desire, or $ to make it happen.

However in saying that it happened in New Plymouth after years of talking/complaining to the service station owners so keep on em!