Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

interesting things you find that hint at your cars prevoius life

lachlan

lets have a yarn about past mods and odd things you find have been done to your car you didnt know about

ive found a few that have presented themselves

the obvoius ones were holes in interior and welded up bolt holes from a 6 point bolt in cage and a orange afm with a AFC12 built into it that was set so rich the car barely ran on another ecu

also the fact it is an ra with vf22 and it hit boostcut at 10 psi and had a blitz dsbc

other things ive found are steering column cover has had to be cut out to fit the airbag clock spring

one cam cover has "early gt" written on it so thats been replaced

the clamp on the pressure line coming out of the tank was so loose it wasnt funny so that had been out .

pulled the split loom off the afm harness and there is a bullet connector in the signal line

so its got a history . car only has 85k on it and carjam has history back to when it came into the county with 25 k on it

Found out my car had been sideswiped, drivers side, both doors and the front right guard are different colours (very slight) and so is the bonnet. Also attempted steal, glass inside the drivers door, ignition barrel been replaced and the drivers lock has been punched in slightly...

I had an old V8 VL commodore 4.9litre SS replica that when I stripped the car for a respray I pulled out the rear window I relised the window hole was too big by about 5mm, further investigation reveiled it had been cut through both back pillars so either a new roof or 2 new rear guards, maybe even a rear cut. YUCK!

It was still dead straight and whell alignment was perfect so at least it was done well

• Admin

My old wagon... bits of glass inside 3 of the doors (lol)

Drivers door lock was bent in

Current car... the alarm that WAS in it wasn\'t hooked up to the driver\'s door, only found that out when I removed it to put something decent in.

Evidently it\'s been hit/damaged at some point because I replaced the rear drivers side door as it was cheaper than taking out the dents some botherwit put in it in a carpark, and noticed that the paint on my new door (which had the original paint) didn\'t match the rest of that side of the car.

I bought a car I\'d already owned without realising it

Bought it 2002ish dereg with bung gearbox - fixed gearbox, had it all ready for revin - needed $$ and space in a hurry so sold it. 4-5 years goes by, I buy this tidy-ish VR4 from nelson - realise a couple weeks later working under the bonnet it was the one I\'d had already. Hurr durr. Bought it back now wof/regd for less than I sold it which was a laugh. (I had 6 of them over the years and, well, one grey stock VR4 looks like another I guess)

Story semi-relevant I guess? Haha

Never checked out my car when it was cold before buying it. First cold start after buying it unveiled some lovely piston slap. A bit of a bummer there!

Found the original thingy the you take the wheel nuts off with, including the plastic case.

Also the car looks to have been hit in the rear at some point as the boot sits closer to the passengers tail light than the drivers, the bumper isn\'t flush with the wheel arch, and going under I\'ve noticed some clips don\'t hold the bumper in place and it just wriggles around.

Also found a Japanese Lolly that expired in 2000 under the rear seats. Yum!

• General Member

A good close look at my Altezza leads me to think it had a ding and the bonnet was just bogged, sanded and roughly sprayed to cover it.

There is a little rust coming through now but Panel beaters reckon everything structural is straight as a die so I\'m not fussed. New front quarter respray when its time to sell thats all.

• 1 year later...

Felt the need to dredge this up

Today I found holes from I can only assume a rollcage under the carpet in my altezza, lols

More I look the more evidence I find of things having been removed, strut braces & struts to name a couple

Might just list it for sale again but listing all the stuff the previous owner didnt know it had hahaha

• Admin

Stripped a car recently. Found a picture of one of the previous owners (presumably?) in there. Stuck it in the sun visor holder thing for good luck.

Also had a bunch of yen coins screwed to the floor (guessing it\'s a japanese lucky charm type thing?)

• 2 years later...
 El_Chado said:
So while installing a bluetooth head unit yesterday, I was running the lead for the Microphone. I took the plastic pocket/ fuse cover off and this was on the back.

20160116_182006_zpss6qsmcfh.jpg

Did she...did she build the car?

Thats the factory optioned fusebox translator. Bloody useless when their battery goes flat.