Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

AVS Car Security - Alarm Questions/Help Section

AVS Car Security

Firenza said:

I've also got a query for the AVS guys about my alarm.

I've got a S5 in my WRX and when its alarmed it randomly chips 4 times. Theres nothing touching it, all the doors and windows are shut and it appears to happen utterly randomly. ??? sometimes itll do it once, others many times while its sat there.

The manual makes no mention of 4 chirps unless its been activated, but this happens when its just sitting there. Its chirps then continues as if nothing had even happened, and it doesnt inform me of it having been activated while it was alarmed when i disarm it :-\

Its really quite odd. Other then that, its a really good system, it seems much better then the other alarms ive had in the past!

i have the same issue, i presume its just some uber-sensitive shock sensitivity...i just explain to anyone within earshot that my car is demanding to go for a drive :D

• Admin

interesting, I too have an S5 (thanks AVS) and have never heard it cherping myself (untouched) but Leith was saying a month or two ago, one realy hot day it was cherping away. so maybe its something to do with sensors getting hot?

RAYDEO said:

interesting, I too have an S5 (thanks AVS) and have never heard it cherping myself (untouched) but Leith was saying a month or two ago, one realy hot day it was cherping away. so maybe its something to do with sensors getting hot?

yeah i've always had a feeling when mines randomly chirping away (sorry neighbours) thats its temp related.

R.D']

[quote name='RAYDEO said:

/quote]

yeah i've always had a feeling when mines randomly chirping away (sorry neighbours) thats its temp related.

mine does it during the night, so methinks its not temp

It is temperature related, not just heat but cold too.... Its the expansion/contraction of parts in the car/alarm brain that will be picked up by the shock sensors first stage as they move with temperature. You guys can adjust it down but if it doesn't annoy you then I advise you just to leave it there and have the sensor working in that mode. At least you know the alarm is working :)

Brad

AVS Car Security said:

It is temperature related, not just heat but cold too.... Its the expansion/contraction of parts in the car/alarm brain that will be picked up by the shock sensors first stage as they move with temperature. You guys can adjust it down but if it doesn't annoy you then I advise you just to leave it there and have the sensor working in that mode. At least you know the alarm is working :)

Brad

makes pretty good sense, no harm in having any lurkers reminded that its alarmed as well :)

I have a older model S5, the battery was disconnected for a while. When the battery was re-installed it went off and now cant be turned off.

We have lost the "siren-key", The alarm kept going off even when disarmed and the car could be driven around.

The siren has been cut out >:( to save my sanity. can I buy a new siren module and have the siren itself re-installed?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey

Ive got an S5 installed in my car and been having a few problems getting it started recently. The car starts perfectly 99% of the time but recently the engine will just keep turning over and not fire. It appears that the fuel pump or something to do with fuel system isn't working (no fuel going to engine) and there is no power to the spark plugs. The car will just keep turning over and over until the battery dies. Then after a while of disconnecting the battery and jump starting etc the car will fire first pop. It is really random and have no idea when it is going to happen, its done this 4 times now, and how it just suddenly starts again after disconnecting the battery for a while. No one has been able to find any electrical faults yet so I was wondering if it could be a fault in the alarm cutting off the fuel and spark. Thanks for your help

subieboy said:

I have a older model S5, the battery was disconnected for a while. When the battery was re-installed it went off and now cant be turned off.

We have lost the "siren-key", The alarm kept going off even when disarmed and the car could be driven around.

The siren has been cut out >:( to save my sanity. can I buy a new siren module and have the siren itself re-installed?

Bump???

• 3 weeks later...

RichieRich - Sorry we dont have any auto start modules at the moment, you can run an external unit that will work with the alarm though via the boot pop button for start up.

jery89 - It could be a number of things, best to have it looked at, what area are you in??

subieboy - Sounds like when you reconnected the battery you have surged the siren and popped the internal battery. A new siren is $199 fitted minus your discount :)

Sorry for late replies, have not been emailed about replies to this thread ::)

Regards

Brad

hey guys,i know you guys specailise in avs alarms,i was wondering if you could give me a price or let me knw if yous will install my alarm for me,its a mongoose alarm,i have a avs alarm on my other car if that helps my case abit ;D ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Brad

have noticed my AVS S5 siren getting quieter and quieter. It was after recently washing my car when i noticed it. i suspect it may have water in the siren, however i have never had this issue before after washing my car.

when this issue happens is it more than likely to have damage the siren? or can it be remove and aired or dried out?

thanks for your help

Ver6-Ra said:

Hey Brad

have noticed my AVS S5 siren getting quieter and quieter. It was after recently washing my car when i noticed it. i suspect it may have water in the siren, however i have never had this issue before after washing my car.

when this issue happens is it more than likely to have damage the siren? or can it be remove and aired or dried out?

thanks for your help

A mates one had this issue, I opened up the siren to find the internal batteries had corroded inside the unit so we just removed them before they caused any damage to the circuit card

Hey Ver6-Ra

Sounds like whoever installed the alarm has left the siren in a bad location where water it getting to it so it will need to be moved to stop this from getting worse. The water will dry quickly with the heat from the engine bay but if it is not moved it will just get wet again. It can blow the internal battery which will cause all kinds of problems and it will have no battery back up which will invalidate the insurance rating (removing the battery will also invalidate any insurance rating). Best option is to go back to your installer and have them move the siren and inspect it while they are doing so to check for corrosion and internal damage and if it is damaged they should replace it for you. Data sirens are not cheap and are a big percentage of the overall cost of the alarm so it is best to look after them :)

Brad

Firenza said:

I've also got a query for the AVS guys about my alarm.

I've got a S5 in my WRX and when its alarmed it randomly chips 4 times. Theres nothing touching it, all the doors and windows are shut and it appears to happen utterly randomly. ??? sometimes itll do it once, others many times while its sat there.

The manual makes no mention of 4 chirps unless its been activated, but this happens when its just sitting there. Its chirps then continues as if nothing had even happened, and it doesnt inform me of it having been activated while it was alarmed when i disarm it :-\

Its really quite odd. Other then that, its a really good system, it seems much better then the other alarms ive had in the past!

Its happening again after having the shock sensor turned up. I dont think it can be the sensor being too touchy though, as with the car armed I can smack the windscreen with my hand or tap the windows with my keys it doesnt notice it. No chirps or anything.

Very odd...