Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

v8 sti ecu tune flashed to v7

Kiwi_Fozze

hey guys, i\'ve got a v8 sti tune, wanting to know what i need to shift around in order to flash it onto my v7 ecu and for it to run well. obviously, some timing will need to be changed as the v7 is a single scroll turbo as opposed to the twin scroll vf37, but what else needs moving?

I\'m no expert but I would say boost tables would have to be reworked a bit, (not sure what boost the vf37 should have tuned, peaking and tapering to but I know the vf30 should be around 20 peak tapering to 16.5-17). Maybe lower lower timing across the board a few degrees and then add it back in slowly if logs come back clean.

Yeah the engine will handle it fine, I take it you are copying the tables from the v8 map onto your factory v7 map? The latest romraider has a great tool to compare the roms to make sure you haven\'t missed any, only pain is v8 has much better boost control tables which you miss out on having to use the v7 Ecu. (not sure if you could flash v8 tune straight onto v7 Ecu but could result in a brick)

yer, much higher resolution on the v8 maps. like, another 2 rows. the tune i have (damn i wish i had twinscroll up pipe downpipe and turbo) held 2.5 bar from 3500 till redline, basically dead flat, massive avcs usage, huge timing on pump gas. i copied map values back and forth but to not much avail, was hoping to move the entire rom image agross if i could.

mind you, with the avcs usage on the v8 map, it gets my vf30 sitting at 5psi at light throttle at 2500... bad for gas usage, good for the lolz

SP00N said:

U can flash v8 rom straight on v7 Ecu and vice versa

For the most part it will run fine

Best to lower boost and log and if no issue tweak it up and tweak timing avcs along the way

If you flash a v8 rom to a v7 Ecu will you get access to the v8 specific tables such as per gear wastegate compensation?

kwi_fozze said:

yes, as the roms are exactally the same size....

file is the same size, just more fun things to play with

*edit* if i read correctly*

Looking on my laptop the v8 Rom I have is 192kb (A4TE002B) where as my V7 rom is 160kb. I know a 192kb Rom will flash to a v7 Ecu (v7 + LC patch) so I guess it doesn\'t matter. Might but a v8 Ecu anyway as have been wanting a spare just incase a flashing error did occur. Then I can add 3 port boost solenoid and retune using the v8 tables for even better boost control and response :)

v7 can be converted to 192kb for inclusion of the lc patch.... thats how i got mine to work :D

v8 ecu file is exactally the same, as is v9, even the s202/203/204, just with more tables available... i\'d imagine a couple of extra sensors have been thrown in during the updates.

i must say, holy f**k the s204 has a butt load of timing and AVCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kwi_fozze said:

v7 can be converted to 192kb for inclusion of the lc patch.... thats how i got mine to work :D

v8 ecu file is exactally the same, as is v9, even the s202/203/204, just with more tables available... i\'d imagine a couple of extra sensors have been thrown in during the updates.

i must say, holy f**k the s204 has a butt load of timing and AVCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It\'s amazing how much timing they are stock, Im yet to see a v7 Sti with less than 4 degrees being pulled, even in stock form running 98ron. Just goes to show how great the factory knock control is considering these cars go 200,000kms+

kwi_fozze said:

i\'ve been running essentially the s204 avcs timing, on 95 with octane booster (only fuel available in kerikeri) and nothing has been pulled.... mind you, i have been relatively gentle with it.

You in keri for hols chap?

use a tap to get the boost to where u want and get the timing and avcs dialed in perfect then get tuning with the stock bsc

that way u know ur other stuff is perfect and only thing to do is boost

thats how i do it anyway and find that to be the quickest way

i have not looked at v8 boost tables at all as only been tuning for avcs and timing afr for now but thats to come later

3 inch cat back. Once the forrie sells i\'ll be picking up a walbro, new plugs, a downpipe and maybe an ebc for tuning purposes if funds allow. Maybe even one of those massive top mounts sp0on is currently flicking.

Thinking about maybe doing a snorkus delete with custom spotlight feed and intake piping. Maybe. If i can be bothered hahahahaaha