Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The "Hose 10" Mod - BE/BH

Marky

Just out of interest - have you noticed a little restrictor inside the pipe between the T and manifold?

Its the shorter L shaped pipe...

484791_10151640500484918_1586714367_n.jp

Also the T\'d pipe on my car is called Hose 23 - not sure if that\'s original or I changed it - as I rebuilt it years ago and several vacuum lines broke during rebuild.

It doesnt sound right doing this mod...

I dont think it will have much of an effect on my car. I have reflashed my ECU so that the primary turbo boost is regulated by the primary wastegate, unlike factory where it uses the secondary uppipe exhaust gas control solenoid valve.

This resulted in much greater response on the primary and much better driveabililty.

Im going to check out what this boost line actually does today.

Marky said:

If your Ecu is able to be reflashed, you already have a rev d which didn\'t have the hose teed off in the first place

I dont think so.

MY02, that would be rev c i believe.

Mine most definately had the T piece off it. (and the restrictor pill in the line)

I took it off and modified it, but didnt seem to really make any difference :S?

In not going to argue it. Some people feel a difference, I know I definately did. Some don\'t, some think its a bad idea, if so then don\'t worry about it. There\'s a thread about 15 pages long on the uk legacy forums where most are reporting a seat-of-the-pants difference on primary turbo and as far as I know no ill effects, there was one on here 2 or 3 years ago as well. I\'ve heard of plenty of mechanics who will do this as a "tune up" along with adjusting the ecv valve.

If anyone can point out to me a good reason for keeping a bleed from the bov hose then I am all ears 100% and will happily accept why it could be wanted - but for the life of me I can\'t think of anything it does other than dull response and limit boost? This could be a genuine deliberate measure from factory - f\'ed if I know. Same as how some factory bov\'s have a fail safe of sorts in leaking at low(ish) pressures if electronic measures fail I guess.

The bad idle nick reported on this thread (I think) has since been shown to be a dud afm as well.

On a side note how did you reflash a rev c ecu?

ODB']

2002 gtb is rev D - just saying.

Marky is right you can\'t reflash rev C ecus

Ahh right, i had the models wrong! :)

[quote name='Marky said:

In not going to argue it. Some people feel a difference, I know I definately did. Some don\'t, some think its a bad idea, if so then don\'t worry about it. There\'s a thread about 15 pages long on the uk legacy forums where most are reporting a seat-of-the-pants difference on primary turbo and as far as I know no ill effects, there was one on here 2 or 3 years ago as well. I\'ve heard of plenty of mechanics who will do this as a "tune up" along with adjusting the ecv valve.

If anyone can point out to me a good reason for keeping a bleed from the bov hose then I am all ears 100% and will happily accept why it could be wanted - but for the life of me I can\'t think of anything it does other than dull response and limit boost? This could be a genuine deliberate measure from factory - f\'ed if I know. Same as how some factory bov\'s have a fail safe of sorts in leaking at low(ish) pressures if electronic measures fail I guess.

The bad idle nick reported on this thread (I think) has since been shown to be a dud afm as well.

On a side note how did you reflash a rev c ecu?

I agree with you, It seems like a very weird hose to have, especially with restrictor pills in the line... It would be nice to know why!

• 4 weeks later...

had this mod on 98 bh for 5 years no problems at all boosts 15-16 on primary and secondary with a noteable reduction in vod

the ecu still controls boost cut theres no probs with it as far as ive experienced, they dont run lean anyway have you traveled behind one and seen how much gas it spits out lol

I\'m an advocate of removing the factory boost control anyway, so I wouldn\'t listen to me - my advice tends to err on the retarded end of the spectrum

If this is the car you\'re selling leave it untouched I reckon, I\'ll put up how the boost control is done on my B4 in my garage thread later on once I tidy it up for public consumption haha

Power was limited to 280hp or 206Kw. I just did this mod, i can\'t believe it\'s not factory, car drives alot better!

Buuuuuut my secondary is only boosting 13-14psi? My car is a REV C 2000 BH5, It\'s never boosted over 14-15psi tho...

Marky said:

That\'s normal enough, most see 14psi give or take on secondary especially unmodified

Ah dam, i have a zerosports full exhaust, although it\'s only on from the bottom of the front pipes back, although i am putting the other half of the exhaust on shortly.

I guess i should see a slight boost increase from that.

I just did this your way * I had it done differently in my other posts * and now I have next to no boost and limp mode.. I\'ve put a new line to the bov, blocked off the hose sticking out of the black pipe that connects to the turbo\'s and connected line 10 that comes out of the guard to the metal line 10 on the manifold.. where am I going wrong??

• Joker unpinned this topic