Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The "Hose 10" Mod - BE/BH

Marky

10 hours ago, gunit439 said:

Sorry, how do I tell if I have a rev-d or if it is gen 3?, I do see a "T" at the end of the hose coming off the bov though, I tried taking it off and blocking both sides, went for a drive and it did not seem to change anything at all?. Will take a pic and post it in the morning, maybe that may clear things up a bit.

its 2001 so most likely a Rev-D, what is the model code on the vin plate,you mentioned TA-BE5, on that same plate look down for the model should start with BE5D, also Rev-D has different headlights and other changes like pink top feed injectors etc. 

Visually standing and looking at the car the easiest way to tell the difference is the headlights. 

Rev-D 

Image result for 2000 legacy headlight

Rev- A B C 

Image result for 1999 legacy BE headlight

Edited by A_J_T

Thanks, I have uploaded some pics of my car and setup, I would still like to try this mod and see if I get any results.16114795_1775987142726947_6154253462946815978007_1775987196060275_7481192538490316114382_1775987166060278_6213786904529816105678_1775987229393605_27718782190653

If you can see in the pics, I seem to have 2 "Ts" coming off the bov, don't know if this is normal or not?. I have found the number 10 hose connected to another "T" which connects to turbo, not sure if you can make it out in the pic.

2 minutes ago, les666 said:

Looks like someone has switched your intercooler and bov set up for a gen 2 set up. But the small hose between the two tee's is the one you want to remove and blank off the tee's. 

Agreed, looks odd for a rev-D.. someone has already been there and played around. @gunit439 but yea the short length of black hose between the T just kink it and tie it with a zip tie. go for a drive, then revert if it does nothing. 

Thanks for the suggestions and help, I just removed the hose between the 2 Ts and blocked both ends, went for a drive and it did not seem to change anything?, I already have a boost gauge installed and was hitting 11-12 psi as usual and about the same after vod. Maybe like someone else suggested, it has minimal to no effect on some rev-d setups?, is there anything I need to do with the hose 10 line as I see there is a T connected to that too?

• 4 months later...

@Kiwi_Fozze DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM

Also by way of follow up

My previous two Rev D legacies both had the revised hose arrangement - meaning no "hose 10 mod" to be done, they had a direct line from manifold to BOV from factory

I have a Rev C (backlit dash, new interior, old headlights and ECU setup) at the moment which been done, runs 15psi primary by 2400rpm and about 20psi on secondary (there may be another issue here) - it ran about 10 / 14psi before

Some rev D apparently do not have a revised hose arrangement? I am confuse by this - I get the feeling there's some confusion re what hoses are even being talked about 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Rev d should all have direct line... 

And if it does have direct line, its probably the best spot to tee a gauge in to. Because all the other pressure / vac lines have sensitive stuff plugged into the other end of it

Yeah exactly - I don't know what hose the half dozen owners who are saying they've done stuff on a rev D have done to be honest 

And yes agreed re where to plug in the hose - that fulla on the bookface I get the feeling is not too mechanical so didn't want to over complicate it

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/9/2013 at 0:03 PM, Marky said:

Yep

Just remove the tee-d off hose, put a straight pipe from mani to BOV (as per any other car), and from memory down at the inlet pipe there\'s a plastic T for the hose you removed and 10 to both join to the inlet pipe - just whip that out and put 10 straight onto the inlet instead

Can I do this mod/is there a point if I have a manual boost controller on the primary turbo? 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Kimchiyo said:

Can I do this mod/is there a point if I have a manual boost controller on the primary turbo? 

having a boost tap on these is a sure fire way to over boost the (very small) turbos. I'd remove the boost tap and do this.

The two turbos share the same wastegate, its a pretty complex setup. Many peopel refer to it as wizardry.

have a read through this: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thewabbit1 said:

having a boost tap on these is a sure fire way to over boost the (very small) turbos. I'd remove the boost tap and do this.

The two turbos share the same wastegate, its a pretty complex setup. Many peopel refer to it as wizardry.

have a read through this: 

Does a boost tap make both turbo run on the same psi?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Admin
24 minutes ago, TNHSTI said:

Sorry old thread drag up! - I looked at doing this mod to my BE5 i noticed the hose between the two tees that you remove has a restrictor pill in it should this pill be there?

Hose 10 mod isn't applicable on the Revision D as far as I know :)

22 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Hose 10 mod isn't applicable on the Revision D as far as I know :)

Hmm that's very confusing then as it would appear after reading through all 10 pages in this thread that people with Rev D have done it...