Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Any powdercoaters ?

clintondane

I know someone on here is a powdercoater/painter and I\'m hoping they or someoine ele might be ablr to help identify what might be causinfg the issues we\'re having with powdercaoted extrusions at work. I\'m an aluminium fabricator/joiner and for the past while our supplier has been sending us alot of metal with these marks on them. I\'m of the impression there might be water/condensation in the lines from the air compressor, sprays droplets of water onto metal, powder is applied and then once baked and the water evaporated this happens? In reality I have no clue but would appreciate any help or ideas.

Thanks

IMAG0442.jpg

IMAG0436.jpg

ASL, Fairview? I think are the suppliers. I\'m just sick to death of finding this on a regular basis and when I go to the production manager he asks for pictures, which I email to him and then he forwards them to the supplier. He\'s a softcock and won\'t press the matter. It makes me mad cos at some point down the line someone who owns the house our product goes into will notice defects and then it\'s a huge cost to go out, take the window/sash out, bring it back to the factory and then repair or replace it. If it was up to me i\'d be going to the factory and doing my nut.

Hmmm interesting. I hate seeing stuff like this :( gives others a bad name.. Just checked them out, looks like they coat all their own stuff. So im positive We havnt done any of it, We dont use that powder anyway.

But looks like a residue from oil, meths or something else on the aluminium which would come down to the pre treatment, How long has it been going on like this for? Is this the worst its been? If you can get better pictures pm them to me and ill check out what it is properly tomorrow when ive got more time :)

Will do mate, those pics are admittedly average but the light in the factory, coupled with the fact its silver pearl makes it hard to see. Sure I\'ll get some more soon. Lol. As for how long its been going on, I\'ve been there 3 months and its happened from the start, been particularly bad for the past couple weeks.