Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to install a BOV in Subaru TT

• 1 month later...

Finally got this installed. Took me until my second go before I worked it out. The factory vacuum that attached to the top of the BOV was not long enough so had to get some more piping from Repco.

I know some people have mixed opinions about vented BOVs but I must say it has injected some much needed excitement back into the car.

BTW, the blue theme is sheer coincidence 8)

002ze.jpg

001if0.jpg

• 3 months later...
 pappu said:

thay have a bov adapter that will mount it to the intercooler itself

frpom memory i think the v7+ adapter works onj the b4 cooler as well

It came with following:

-HKS ssqv bov

-Unversal adaptor

-snap ring/C clip

-rubber o ring

-2x T fitting 6-4-6mm/4-4-4mm

-vacuum filter

u will need the subaru fitment adapter - cheap on trademe

or u can get a subaru to universal neck adapter like in the pic above where he had the turbosmart one

get the subary adapter for ssq as ots a neater install

note that the bov will sit facing downwards with the aeapter as that the way it has the best clearence i suppose

pappu said:

u will need the subaru fitment adapter - cheap on trademe

or u can get a subaru to universal neck adapter like in the pic above where he had the turbosmart one

get the subary adapter for ssq as ots a neater install

note that the bov will sit facing downwards with the aeapter as that the way it has the best clearence i suppose

I received my HKS SSQV III. It came with english installation manual .... it stated to cut a hole in the pipe going to the intercooler and put the BOV.

BigWillieStyles said:

Finally got this installed. Took me until my second go before I worked it out. The factory vacuum that attached to the top of the BOV was not long enough so had to get some more piping from Repco.

I know some people have mixed opinions about vented BOVs but I must say it has injected some much needed excitement back into the car.

BTW, the blue theme is sheer coincidence 8)

002ze.jpg

001if0.jpg

hey blood

From where did buy the adapter .... want one for my bov installation.

• 2 months later...

Just noticed your reply :P

It came with the Turbosmart bov. I believe you should be able to get the early wrx BOVs with the diamond shaped base to fit the BH/BE.

• 3 weeks later...
 shellz said:

Hey guys, I just got GFB bov and need to know how to install it.

Thanks

THIS IS A.. ;)

Fantastic way to shorten the life of your turbo subaru engine!! Assuming you don't change the computer to cope with the new open loop intake you have now created by fitting one of these things!

HINT,

If you set it nice an light it will also suck in un filtered air as you cruise under vacuum Go for it!!! ::)Might seem ok on a stock computer....However it is shortening the life of your engine.

And with nice hot air from the pod filter tucked in the corner....Less horsepower for your bucks too!

Your car...your money...your decision....Just telling peeps what i know.

If Fuji heavy industries fitted a closed loop system. The computer would/will have a carefully set up map for this.....Now make the system open....Did you change the program to suit this???...If you have...All good!

Other than that the opened system is now trying to compensate for the perceived huge air demand as detected by the AFM and a full rich situation occurs, This in turn damages the top compression ring/piston,,,,,Therefore decreasing engine life..Eventually a piston, probably No 4 will crack the land between the top two rings and burn the inside of the top compression ring..Further hammering....i.e. racing around a track or down a closed road will lead to further detonation as the fuel and soot accumulates between the ring and the piston...Raw fuel accumulates here each time you get off the gas and go to full manifold vaccuum/full blow off....(Standard mapped computer only).......Because there is very little air available and the AFM is telling the computer there is, so the injectors go to almost full fuelling rate.(near 3.5:1 no fire will occur below 7.5:1)

Of course this fuel residue does burn away as proper combustion is returned (Approx 1500 revs or 750 ignitions later) (3000 rpm indicated would take 15 seconds)(6000 would take 7.5 seconds,,, and by now you are probably running rich again before the next gear change)

Black smoke at the gearchange is detrimental to engine life! End of!

• 4 months later...
 G-unit said:

yup u only change the passanger side, and it works for both turbos

Cant be true,. i owned a GTB and replaced the passenger one but only worked on the primary turbo Very Very quiet on the 2nd turbo, tried 2 diff bovs too, so i gave up and bought a WRX lol =) im sure some1 will enlighten me though

churr, so i wear it like bling for the first couple of days right? then attempt to install it, my biggest question is, is there any other bits i will need, hosing, clamps etc? ill probably get someone to help me with it as im a utter n00b at this shiz, but price was right so why not eh?

Choice yeah i think i kinda get the jist of it, had a good read of the thread & a link on GFB website, i think its something that will make alot more sence once ive seen it done - so from what i read Hose going into factory BOV connects to bottom of new BOV and hose leaving factory BOV goes onto recirc valve? then vacume line on top connects to somewhere on the intake manifold?

what size vac hose should i buy? will a metre be enough?

and what size is the other hose i will need? 30mm? and where to get some from? wreckers?

and where can i get that and the metal joiner thing you have on the recirc that reconnects to that pipe Jared?

and cheers guys appreciate the help, like i say im a noob when it comes to these things