Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

95 BG Legacy upgrades

Grizz

before you start doing anything to your enging you should concentrate on getting what power you do have to the ground - e.g. high quality tyres.

The TT engines at the best of times can often have boost issues, as I found out with my 95 GT especially the BG models so If you start cranking the boost up or anything like that you will have issues :)

Flag that make it go good haha

What\'s your budget, how mechanically minded are you and what do you want to get out of it,

Best bang for Buck is to convert to single Turbo - wrx parts literally bolt on, and its a cheap thing to DIY it

If not then normal Turbo car upgrades wake them up, decent exhaust, keep the airbox if it has one still, they shouldn\'t have "issues" unless things are faulty or you do things the wrong way. Biggest balls up I see is keeping factory boost control once the breathing gets freed up, they tend to runaway a bit and run ridiculous psi if left unchecked

Exhaust!

Expect the std bov to die within months of any breathing upgrades though...

Tyres next, they are a well planted car by nature but as I\'m sure you\'ve found you can find yourself dealing with \'sudden chunks of power\' so keep it sticky

gazzy2000 said:

^^ what marky said

tyres?? LOL now thats a boring/ghey answer to someone asking for mods for their turbo subaru, especially a twin turbo leggy lol, ::):D:P

Yeah well most idiots end up cranking boost up and changing exhausts etc and then wonder why they\'re hitting kerbs - its common sense to have your car handling properly and having all the power you can use to the ground first!

Stuff you should do to make it go better (aka run normally):

- Coils (if they haven\'t been done already they\'re old! On to my 3rd set now)

- Plugs

- Fuel pump, including wiring-in a new relay and power cable. The factory loom builds up significant resistance which reduces the current the pump can draw, limiting fuelling.

Upgrades:

- Exhaust, especially a larger bore to the secondary turbo can add some fun

- Single turbo is possible, could be a big wiring job though depending on your ECU

Hit me up for a ECU chip if you stick with the TT setup

• General Member

go to track with what you have and learn to use them

twinturboboy']

[quote name='gazzy2000 said:

^^ what marky said

tyres?? LOL now thats a boring/ghey answer to someone asking for mods for their turbo subaru, especially a twin turbo leggy lol, ::):D:P

/quote]

Yeah well most idiots end up cranking boost up and changing exhausts etc and then wonder why they\'re hitting kerbs - its common sense to have your car handling properly and having all the power you can use to the ground first!

Cheers heaps for all the responses

I might look into the single turbo conversion, just to get rid of the dead zone between turbos.

At the moment the car is very standard only upgrade it had (was already done when i got it) was the pod filter

just like most car projects im gonna be buying things slowly and gradually adding new stuff and to make it easier i have a workshop at home so i can do everything myself.