Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Function vs form - happy camber medium

Camber bolts... ;) Ive got sti front struts with them nodule bolts you speak of. Does playing with the rear toe make a noticeable difference?

Considering slip on spacers and as much camber as I can get without sacrificing handling. Ohh and joining the stance movement that fires people up on here so much.

evowrx said:

What sort of camber can you get out of stock gc/gf suspension? I need an alignment but how much is too much camber to the point where you start handling worse again?

Pics would be sick.

Stock would max at about -1 deg up front, a bit less on the rear.

On the road around -2.0/2.5 is optimal for a 205/215 tyre.

Too much more and the reduced tyre contact patch will affect stability, braking, wet handling etc.

Whiteline recommendations

whitelinewrxwheelalignment_zpsee3a20a4.j

Autospeed article on improving WRX handling

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_111375/article.html

DNA said:

Tbh camber is so :/ :-\

If you want to go through a s*** load of rear tyres then go for gold.

Personally not into massive rear camber none in the front. I like it when it matches and not ott.

Ive got the autospeed thing already dug it out last night. Ive got a 22mm adjustable rear swaybar on middle setting too if that makes a dif.

215/35/18 7.5" wide iirc.

Stoffa said:

Im running -2* in the front without extra camber bolts and running factory top hats, handles well and only get slight extra camber wear, but I also run zero toe front and rear which helps wear. running -1.5* in the back

Is it noticeable to look at or just look flat to the eye? Just dont want it looking funny how some people have shitloads in rear and flat in the front.

evowrx']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

Im running -2* in the front without extra camber bolts and running factory top hats, handles well and only get slight extra camber wear, but I also run zero toe front and rear which helps wear. running -1.5* in the back

/quote]

Is it noticeable to look at or just look flat to the eye? Just dont want it looking funny how some people have s***loads in rear and flat in the front.

Or vice versa.

Stoffa said:

No camber bolts in rear either? You have v8 spec c geometry underbody iirc?

no extra camber bolts, just the factory ones, my car has never been in an accident and is freakishly straight alignment wise

v8 spec c front and rear subframes, the front has the same geometry as my factory one and extra bracing but the rear has the same as v7+ (higher mounting points for the lateral arms) Im still using my factory front arms and factory rear lateral and trailing arms.

johnny5 said:

yup jumping on board thinking about goin stanced as well the rims Im looking at are a +20 offset which is very aggressive and could need some inventive thinking to get them under the guards

I know that +38 on 7 inch rim sits perfectly flush with the guards on the front, the rear wheels sit pretty flush too.

ballsrburning']

[quote name='johnny5 said:

yup jumping on board thinking about goin stanced as well the rims Im looking at are a +20 offset which is very aggressive and could need some inventive thinking to get them under the guards

/quote]

I know that +38 on 7 inch rim sits perfectly flush with the guards on the front, the rear wheels sit pretty flush too.

yup this rim is 9.75 wide(strange width I know) with the +20 offset it seems ridiculous but if I can get it to work it would look outta this world.

A car in the states on stance nation has the same width rim fitted just a different style running 6.5 degrees neg camber on the rear not to keen on that and I think legal issues rule it out.

My current rims are 8 inch wide +44 Te37s and from the offset calculator I have it would give me 2mm extra clearance inside but extend the wheel 46mm out of the guard

johnny5']

[quote name='johnny5 said:

/quote]

yup this rim is 9.75 wide(strange width I know) with the +20 offset it seems ridiculous but if I can get it to work it would look outta this world.

A car in the states on stance nation has the same width rim fitted just a different style running 6.5 degrees neg camber on the rear not to keen on that and I think legal issues rule it out.

My current rims are 8 inch wide +44 Te37s and from the offset calculator I have it would give me 2mm extra clearance inside but extend the wheel 46mm out of the guard

Only becomes a legal issue if you get a cert. Not a wof issue yet if I read the ruling correctly.

Are these xxr\'s youre considering?