Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Vf22 or tomei m7960

bboyshing0

Hi subaru owners I need some help.

I can\'t decide between the 2 turbos my goal is to get 250kw with my standard v7 motor then 300kw when I go for a rebuild if possible ?

I have 800 sard injectors

- HDi front mount intercooler

- walbro 500hp fuel pump

- tomei type s fuel regulator

- full hks exhaust

- syms equal length headers

- greedy boost controller

- link ecu (not tuned yet but once I get turbo in hitting straight to garry capper)

So yeah just blown up my vf30 on the track on Anzac Day

I do quite abit of tracking now as well.

Thank you and kind regards

Johnny

Tomei is massive money better turbos to be had for less money in imo.

Will max vf22 with those injectors. IIRC caspros made 238kw on vf22 with decaps. Dynos vary. My setup v6 sti has 20psi on vf22 by about 3600 and holds 20 without dropping off on internal. Tuned by Gary. Possibly up for grabs shortly if interested pm me.

vorigan said:

Tomei=very poorly made atleast the last half dozen ive done were cheaply made and way over priced

Yes this is why Im asking lol, becasue I dont want to splash 2.5k on a turbo that might produce the same outcome as the VF22.

• Admin

A VF22 won\'t do 250wkw unless someone adjusts the "make you feel better" setting (correction factor) on the dyno.

Let alone 300wkw.

That kind of power, look at something from the "big boys" - Garrett, Holset, BorgWarner.

boon said:

A VF22 won\'t do 250wkw unless someone adjusts the "make you feel better" setting (correction factor) on the dyno.

Let alone 300wkw.

That kind of power, look at something from the "big boys" - Garrett, Holset, BorgWarner.

Thanks for that. I was looking at this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390326552703?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

but just really unsue if it will straight bolt on for us JDM

yer that will bolt up, and gt3076 should get within the 300wheel ballpark. there are lots of more modern turbos that than though dude.

on a 2.0 the 76 is going to be a bit laggy. imo something 71mm sized is probly not quite going to touch 300wheel but will have much more area under the curve = faster.

Garret Gt3076 will get it as above

Vf22 perhaps round 220 depending what dyno u go to so no go

No idea on tomei turbo

Twist it and get rid of the stock intake bend and afm since u going link

• Admin

If you\'re going to twist it then don\'t bother playing silly games with Subaru flanged turbos.

If you want stock location and you have ATP money to spend then check out subout\'s Scoobyclinic turbos.

Hey thank you everyone for your guys help !! honestly didn\'t think anyone would reply and help so fast.

So yeah my plan is to get the VF22 so my car can run lol and hope for the best when I get it tuned by Garry Capper.

Then sell the turbo when I decide on either the Garret or Tomei.

I made 227kw atw on the vf22 with gary for your reference. Builds in my sig. I dont have avcs to help but from what people say its a massive help on bigger turbos.

Minaj made 260ish? with a td06sl2 chinugawa on v7 sti. Marcs got a t/s kinugawa murch modded on tm I think replaced 60-1 with 20g iir the auction. Change over to a s/s housing and winning?

Yeah got somthing similar in the vecinity of a grand that will do "minaj" power at GCP with supporting mods on a V7 STI lol and get close to your other goal at GCP on a built motor with some aftermarket camshafts.

marc said:

Yeah got somthing similar in the vecinity of a grand that will do "minaj" power at GCP with supporting mods on a V7 STI lol and get close to your other goal at GCP on a built motor with some aftermarket camshafts.

Lol thanks for the info today hahah currently

Looking for the silicon turbo inlet then gonner chuck in the vf22

I got of you guys today.

Thanks again

marc said:

Be better if its been upgraded.

vorigan said:

Tomei=very poorly made atleast the last half dozen ive done were cheaply made and way over priced

geez I thought Tomei would be a reputable brand seems like all these bastards are ripping us off almost went there to lucky the Mrs caught me out or I would have wasted 2k on shit

Tomei is one of the top off the line products from the peak of the performance jap industry sadly they like others have to compete with cheaper brands on the market which means cutting corners its no the first high branded product ive found this with i dont bag if i have no need to i guess im doing a consumer watch dog thing.

vorigan said:

Tomei is one of the top off the line products from the peak of the performance jap industry sadly they like others have to compete with cheaper brands on the market which means cutting corners its no the first high branded product ive found this with i dont bag if i have no need to i guess im doing a consumer watch dog thing.

Right on

Have you thought about going with one of the UK made turbos instead of the Garret or Tomei? they are in the 2-2.5k price range and there are litterally dozens of guys on the UK subaru sites who have used them and love them.

They offer huge power upgrades with almost 0 loss of spool.

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/news/news-archive/2011/april-2011/billet-compressor-wheel-review/

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/shop/mdx555450-subaru-impreza-hybrid-turbocharger-450-bhp-p-4202.html

I have followed the development of these turbos for several years as I have a few mates over there and they just love them. The LM400 offers an extra 60hp ATW over a stock VF series with the exact same spool and the LM450 version offers an extra 100hp ATW over stock with the better spool than the VF22.

They also bolt straight up with no need to buy a new manifold like the Garret ones and because they were all designed for JDM rather than UK spec cars there are no compatability issues with them on NZ cars.

You can also buy them through Rodger Clark motorsport whose parts have been used on a few of the Clubsubs race cars

http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/shop.asp?catsLevel=100

added to that these days you can get any core / compressor arrangement with turbine housings to suit subaru too.

no need to go T3 twisted or holset equivalents if you dont want.

carefully dissect the marketing dribble from IRL performance too.. some impressive dribble above ... ;D

lunchie']

[quote name='funkytown said:

you know what all those turbos are mostly based off right..

/quote]

I am sure you are about to tell me :P

oh there we go i dont have too.. its listed in the link you sent.

"Garrett “Ballistic Concepts” dual ball bearing CHRA,"

aaaww and they\'re comparing a vf37 on a 2.5L to their turbo... vf anything on a 2.5 is fail and shit. put anything on and its going to make it come alive. what predictable dribble that was