Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BE5D Single Turbo

Divine

Good Afternoon,

Has anyone successfully managed to have a BE5D, and single turbod it with a V7 STI ECU?

I cannot find much information anywhere, I have only seen earlier revisions made to Single Turbo with the V3/4 STI ECU.

Because from my understanding, it\'s effectively a V7 STI engine with 2 turbos. (550cc injectors, meh)

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

As far as i\'m aware it\'s the v5/6 that is more or less the straight swap, i\'m looking at doing the same thing when I pull my engine to do my clutch, don\'t quote me on this but the v5/6 ecu\'s appear to be more aggressive than the v7 sti\'s so if your wanting more power that could be the way to go :)

Yours can be reflashed already so no need for ecu swapsies

Pretty sure it wouldn\'t be hard to make it work with what is there already

Hell even running the single t hardware but just tricking the ecu in the same manner as a parallel swap - and reflash to suit changed airflow of single vs twin - done

If you really wanted to make it painless get it running in parallel first then do the hardware swap after - do it step by step rather than all in one hit if you wanted

scoobygt said:

As far as i\'m aware it\'s the v5/6 that is more or less the straight swap, i\'m looking at doing the same thing when I pull my engine to do my clutch, don\'t quote me on this but the v5/6 ecu\'s appear to be more aggressive than the v7 sti\'s so if your wanting more power that could be the way to go :)

V5/6 is similarer to rev a b c rev d is v7-8 isnt it? I know nothing of legacys but thats my understanding. Pretty much base your car around the wrx equivalent which isnt always year related and stay within your correct phase. or just talk to gazzy.

evowrx']

[quote name='scoobygt said:

/quote]

V5/6 is similarer to rev a b c rev d is v7-8 isnt it? I know nothing of legacys but thats my understanding. Pretty much base your car around the wrx equivalent which isnt always year related and stay within your correct phase. or just talk to gazzy.

That\'s right - the rev d shares the same afm and obd2 - ness

Divine maybe look into how the Aussie guys do it - the rev "e" or Aussie delivered cars are the same as yours. For what it\'s worth they end up pretty much dialing out the vod completely (like it doesn\'t even show as a dip anymore) - could be worth asking Nzefi about it as I know (in chch) that they have had a go at reflashing them before