Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Whiteline Sway Bars

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else runs whiteline swaybars on ther V7 or V8 Sti? I am having some real problems with mine and I was wondering if I have had bad luck or is the product just crap.

Basicly both front and rear bars keep flogging out end links and now the rear bar has torn the mount off the hub and flogged out yet another end link.

The bars are both going as soon as I can source some replacment, I am just curious of why this is happening

Cheers

Michael

are they spaced appropriately from the chassis to the lateral arms at each end.

There should be no pressure on the bushes to remove them with the car up off the ground. im picturing you must have a lot of static load on them...

also - is your car running unduely low, caster, camber toe? (looking to understand your wider set up).

also are the links straight up and down.

can you get a picture of how a rear one sits?

The front bar seems to have a small amout of preload on the end links when its in the air, but the rear has no pre loading on the endlinks. The rear links sit stright up and down, but the fronts are on a slight angle. The car is not excessivly low, maybe 5mm higher than what the v7s sit on just normal lowering springs.

There is a whiteline anti lift kit fitted to the front and the Sti pink rear arm kit in the back. Other than that camber/caster should be pritty much stock

I will check to see if the end links are "heavy duty" or normal.

Thanks for all your help

are the fronts height adjustable like this, becuase the preload is really easy to take out of the front.

nothing else from what you\'ve said jumps out at me. Do you grease the bushes as you put them in? Also do you have to lateral locks on the bars.? you can get a bit of shifting in them and wear on the paint when the bars shift left to right..

lastly - how are you determining they are \'flogged\'. Have you put a set of veneers (sp?) on the bars to make 105% you have the right bushes

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYzB2y4Qu1F6OIsSgU656

lateral lock kit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbua60t6uYucwQqxuRqKW

I have checked the bar for side to side movement (using cable ties and hose clamps) and the front bar appares to have no sideways movement, but I get a very loud knock when the weight shifts on the front axel.

I have lowered the car since I brought it, as it was higher than stated on the cert plate, which is where my problems may of started.

I will order some heavy duty end links for the front and rear and see if that helps.

Any one got hookups at White line? As I am picking the heavy duty links aint gona be cheap

Cheers

Michael