Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

If Wellington has Done it, It will be in HERE

Bazza-NZ

Guest Oscar
 Davebro']

[quote name='Munkvy said:

new engine! Basically need a running block and heads, preferably with cambelt on etc. Dont need any manifolds or ancilliaries.

And the engine went pop due to a cylinder filling with fuel, appears to have killed an injector seal.

/quote]

I have a block sitting at davebros house. I have no idea on the state, but it needs new HG/belt, I believe. Assuming he hasn't claimed it back, it's there...

You still want that huh? Man its prob seized really solid now being out in the rain and all!

I would have come, but the old aRSe race car died, and Rick has the other one! Im building a WRX now...

Still want it. Give it new gaskets and should be good.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gen11990 said:

any update?

Not as such, what i'm thinking is we can all meet out on Petone beach front on 11 July say around 10.30 (does that suit everyone?)and we can all decide what to do from there, we can either go somewhere else different if the weather is crap or if not find a shop and get some food while we chat etc....

how does that sound guys?

** Note: I'm away all this week next time i check this would be this Friday before the meet so if you guys want to change the plans at all feel free as i'm flexible **

See you guys on the 11th :)

Guest Oscar

Haha I am working, I can't go! However, if it's held at Petone Wharf I can pop by for like 3 minutes after 9pm.

Munkvy said:

Ohh and if people get bored - theres a dyno day on at Shred Industries on Pharazan St, which is also where my RS is sitting. So could always go for a nosey later on.

sounds like a gd plan

Well the RS isnt gonna be fixed up in time for this :( Its nearly there though - so I think I will spend all day down at Shred working on it.

If anyone wants to come check out the dyno day or enter its from 9.30 - 12.30. Although it sounds like the guy who organised it (not Shred themselves) may not have many numbers coming.

Address is Unit 3 - 4 / 65 Pharazyn Street. Theres a blue sign up outside and you will find me in the dyno area working on the white RS.

Bazza-NZ']

[quote name='gen11990 said:

any update?

/quote]

Not as such, what i'm thinking is we can all meet out on Petone beach front on 11 July say around 10.30 (does that suit everyone?)and we can all decide what to do from there, we can either go somewhere else different if the weather is crap or if not find a shop and get some food while we chat etc....

** Note: I'm away all this week next time i check this would be this Friday before the meet so if you guys want to change the plans at all feel free as i'm flexible **

Tommorrow at 10.30am at petone beach (wharf?) is the last update, so thats where i will show up anyway, i wouldnt mind checking out Shred Industries on Pharazan St later, i only have a couple of hours to spare.

maybe a quick show of hands to that time slot aand place?

gen11990']

any update?

/quote]

Tommorrow at 10.30am at petone beach (wharf?) is the last update, so thats where i will show up anyway, i wouldnt mind checking out Shred Industries on Pharazan St later, i only have a couple of hours to spare.

maybe a quick show of hands to that time slot aand place?

k bro I'll be there too 10.30am

Munkvy said:

Apparently the dyno day has been canned due to lack of interest :(

However Shred will still be open and I will be there from 10 till 12.30 or so.

Sweet might have to come in for a look then,

Alright guys the day doesn't look to bad, I'll turn up before 10.30 and just find a park alone the beach front so keep an eye out for a wagon, (in dark green)

gd 2 meet up with u fellas, @wildturkey ur ride is mint, clean as, i like that induction system. Bazza, awsum wagon dude, wicked how u built it up from a bare chassis, will keep an eye out 4 badges an stuff.

b good to hook up for a cruize sum time, hows the rs work going Munkvy?

gen11990 said:

gd 2 meet up with u fellas, @wildturkey ur ride is mint, clean as, i like that induction system. Bazza, awsum wagon dude, wicked how u built it up from a bare chassis, will keep an eye out 4 badges an stuff.

Hey, sorry I couldnt make it - RS is still in bits. But gearbox and engine are now together. Just need to put all the little bits back on that got taken off when pulling the engine and changing things.

So hopefully will have it running during the week at some stage.

Can we schedule another meet up? As I am quite keen to meet up still :)

Munkvy']

/quote]

Hey, sorry I couldnt make it - RS is still in bits. But gearbox and engine are now together. Just need to put all the little bits back on that got taken off when pulling the engine and changing things.

yeh man, ill be keen again, let us know when the ponys ready :)

gen11990']

/quote]

Likewise was good to finally put some faces to names, good to see such nice looking and well cared for beast around Wellington, Realized i should have just gone to CHCH and brought one instead of building after see your guys... but however never would have had the experience / knowledge i do now... bit gutted i had to leave due to football

I'm definitely keen for another meet, might have to find a better time so that everyone is free

long live the GEN1 "classic" cars LOL

gen11990 said:

was good to meet you and ur bro 2........yeah we should do it again for sure. that's a nice clean straight as engine u got in that wagon too........very nice.

Bazza-NZ']

/quote]

Likewise was good to finally put some faces to names, good to see such nice looking and well cared for beast around Wellington, Realized i should have just gone to CHCH and brought one instead of building after see your guys... but however never would have had the experience / knowledge i do now... bit gutted i had to leave due to football

I'm definitely keen for another meet, might have to find a better time so that everyone is free

long live the GEN1 "classic" cars LOL

good to meet u2 bazza......and well done getn the wagon up and runin............u did a good job and like u say...........u learn so much in the process!.....I'll look out for badges and stuff for u 2. Let's do it again sometime