Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2013 Otago Community Hospice Charity Cruise (Nov, 17th)

SkylineObsession

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH, 2013

- TAHUNA PARK, VICTORIA ROAD, DUNEDIN

- 9AM-5PM

- RAIN OR SHINE

ABOUT/PAST EVENTS

I came up with the idea for this after my mother passed away from cancer while in the Hospice in 2008. The aim of the event is primarily to raise as much money for the Otago Community Hospice as possible, to say thanks. http://www.otagohospice.co.nz

- In 2010\'s event, we raised $2,235.50 for the hospice, with just 155 cars on a rainy day, and with the event ending three hours early!

- In 2011\'s event, we raised $1,401.90 for the hospice, with only 75 cars on an even rainier day than 2010!

- In 2012\'s event, we raised $2,730.00 for the hospice, with 137+ cars on yet another wet day!

It\'s great to see expensive/really tidy cars turning up and cruising even when it\'s raining, like Ferrari\'s, Porsches, late model Mustangs and so on.

HOW WE RAISE THE MONEY

By charging each driver and each passenger a minimum \'compulsory\' donation of $5 (higher amounts are encouraged if you can afford it) to enter the cruise. And gold coin entry fee (\'donation\') for members of the public at the opening of the car show at 1pm.

BASIC ITINERARY AND NEED TO KNOW DETAILS

- Pay money to officials (passengers need to pay $5 or more too)

- Sign a disclaimer form, so we aren\'t liable for anything you do

- Get a small sticker put on your car to show you\'ve paid (any cars that arrive back from the cruise without a sticker will have to pay)

- Line up and park where directed

- Do above cruise route. Drive safely, its not a race!

- Arrive back before 1pm for food/car show etc.

- Five trophies will be available to hand out for cars on display after the cruise, best Japanese, American, European, Australian and British cars.

ELIGIBLE CARS

All exotic cars (Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche, Lamborghini, Maserati, Lotus, TVR, Mercedes and so on). All muscle cars (FPV/Tickford and HSV/HDT etc cars, Corvette, Camaro, Mustang etc). Classic cars (Shelby, Jaguar, Mini, Rover, Triumph and so on). Hot rods. Sports trucks/SUVs (Dodge Ram, Ford Territory Turbo, Ford F250 etc). Japanese sports cars (Skyline, Supra, RX-7, WRX, EVO, NSX, S2000, GTO, 300zx/350z/370Z and so on). Japanese \'old school\' classics (Pre R30 Skylines, Prince models, DX Corolla, AE86, RX3 and so on). Vintage cars (Model T Ford, Daimler and so on). Race cars/track cars (if not road legal then tow them on the cruise on the trailer!).

If your car doesn\'t fall into any of those categories, does it have any aftermarket modifications (bigger wheels, bodykit, fancy paintwork, rare factory bodykit and so on)? If thats a yes, you can bring it along too - even if it is a 4WD/people carrier (so long as they aren\'t standard looking!).

This is also the perfect opportunity to get those prized treasures out of the garage, the ones that very seldom get seen by the public eye. You\'ll possibly have a slightly bigger chance to win a trophy and prize pack for doing so!

ENTER YOUR CAR CLUB

This event is a great chance for recruiting new members! We\'ll even allow you to set up wee stalls etc around the edge of the grounds so you can have somewhere for people to learn more about your club and join up!

CRUISE ROUTE

1. Turn left onto Victoria Rd toward St. Clair, go through roundabout

2. Turn right at Forbury Rd

3. Turn left at Easther Cres just before Forbury Rd/Hillside Rd roundabout

4. Follow road as it changes to Middleton Rd

5. Turn right at Corstorphine Rd

6. Sharp left at Stevenson Rd

7. Continue on down hill

8. Turn left to the motorway on-ramp, but drive straight through into Green Island.

9. Turn right and head towards Sunnyvale (under overbridge) to stay on Main South Rd

10. Continue on Main Rd and through Fairfield

11. Right onto Morris Rd

12. Follow road as it changes to Quarry Rd then go through roundabout into Mosgiel

13. Continue along Gordon Rd and through Mosgiel

14. Turn right at Dukes Rd

15. Continue onto Three Mile Hill Rd and drive over Three Mile Hill

16. Continue onto Taieri Rd through Waikari

17. Turn right at first traffic lights onto Nairn St (past Cableways)

18. Turn right at the lights on Kaikorai Valley Rd

19. Go through roundabout and continue along Kaikorai Valley Rd

20. Continue along and back into Concord onto Main South Rd

21. Continue up hill and onto Stevenson Rd

22. Sharp right at Corstorphine Rd

23. Turn left at Middleton Rd

24. Take the second right onto Isadore Rd (continue past St Clair golf course carpark)

25. Turn left at Aberdeen Rd

26. Take the second right onto Ravenswood Rd

27. Follow down hill onto Bedford St, go through roundabout

28. Continue onto Victoria Rd and back into Tahuna Park

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP

- Come along in your car!

- Please try to spread the word in as many ways possible, this is what makes or breaks a big turnout.

- Volunteer on the day!

- Or let me know if you have any other ideas/suggestions, anything considered!

CAN\'T MAKE IT BUT STILL WANT TO DONATE?

An account at Westpac has been set up purely for donations from those who cannot make it, for whatever reason. It will be open year round and after the event each year all funds will be removed and given to the hospice along with the proceeds of that years event.

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 03-1725-0422192-000

NAME OF ACCOUNT: Otago Hospice Charity Cruise

MORE INFO

- http://www.southernskylines.com/charitycruise

- Text/ring Andrew (me) on 021 216 4593

- \'Like\' the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OtagoCommunityHospiceCharityCruise

- Send me a private message

• 2 months later...