Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

APET Review

tweedo

Anybody had any work done by these guys and/or got any reviews and feedback on them.

Looking at getting a tune done by them but haven\'t managed to find anything on them other than just rumours and chinese whispers.

If anyone has anything to share that\'d be much appreciated and will help me make up my mind.

Thanks

tweedo']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Use gotasuby imo.

/quote]

He\'s in Chch though yeah? Are these guys not really rated as far as tuning goes?

If they have a workshop and have been in business for a while, chances are they are able to do their job. My impression of most dyno shop reviews on the internet is that no one with a dyno, anywhere in the world is capable of tuning a car. Either they make no power or they blow up every engine that passes through their doors.

But then in the real world, outside of the internet and the crap that comes with it, these places run successful businesses, so that would suggest they get it right at least 90% of the time. Just make sure the car is up to the task before it gets loaded up on a dyno.

My opinion or 2c worth....

From my understanding APET have had good and bad news thats come out of there hes defintely good with his nissans thats for sure and then ive heard some horror storys of people getting rebuilds and having their frshly built cars drop valves and all sorts of crap. but then again ive heard of good jobs coming out of there a member on here used to have a WRX built by APET number plate was IH8EVO and that car was a beast

Well at least that\'s truthful review and not just heresay haha all I\'ve managed to find and read is negative rumours.

I\'ve seen a few of th Dunedin guys have had their cars on th dyno there but not sure if any of them were tuned there though... Anybody shed some light on that?

Pretty sure she\'s up to the task too, it\'s running good as gold atm just wanting to go a step further to smooth it out and make th most of th downpipe it\'s got on but never been tuned for.

i\'ve been driving round on a tune from apet for the last 12months and it hasnt missed a beat and ive got arguably one of the most modified bd5 legacys around. i was very skeptical at first as over last 8 years steve sinclair at re sinclair, phil at nzefi and gotasuby are the only three people i had ever let touch my car tune wise but overall apet done a good job. my personal opinion though is steve sinclair is one of the best tuners in south island if your ever in the canterbury region

Solja said:

i\'ve been driving round on a tune from apet for the last 12months and it hasnt missed a beat and ive got arguably one of the most modified bd5 legacys around. i was very skeptical at first as over last 8 years steve sinclair at re sinclair, phil at nzefi and gotasuby are the only three people i had ever let touch my car tune wise but overall apet done a good job. my personal opinion though is steve sinclair is one of the best tuners in south island if your ever in the canterbury region

Thats what I was after... Thanks man!

I don\'t plan on being up that way any time soon so these guys should be all good, all it will be is a slight alter of the factory tune, not a complete start from scratch.

How did you go about it with gotasuby though? Did you go up there or were you sending data back and forth?

Well if I happen to ever get it tuned it won\'t be happening down here...

Went in this arvo to see if they could help me out and supposedly they can\'t get into the ecu of these things, (04 GT), which is kind of shit and also a bit of a surprise when I read that other members have had theirs tuned no worries so not sure what the go would be there... any ideas?