Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brake pads for the track - what are your thoughts?

In preparation for the Clubsub Ruapuna trackday I\'m going to need to throw some decent pads in

Previously had Bendix Ultimates on my TS-R (with GTB brakes). I was really happy with their performance on the track but they aren\'t cheap at nearly $200 a front set. They change the colour of the wheels to "brake dust" after a single lap but I can put up with that for better braking.

A few CHCH people are using Znoelli SP500\'s. They are reasonably priced but also marketed as more of a road pad so I\'m undecided

Any others that I should look into?

Ive got bluestuff race only pads in my fronts 4 pot 315mm rotor. Cant pass judgement on an actual race track but in very spirited driving when they warm up it stops really really fast and is seriously touchy. When loading it up on the brakes while tuning they work insanely well. In normal driving when they arent warm it takes a bit more pedal pressure compared to old 2 pots with bendix GCT but are still functional. I get heaps of brake dust under heavy braking but price to pay I guess.

I\'ve only ever used Bendix Ultimates for trackdays so can\'t really compare to other brands. But I found that they lasted about the same amount of laps as a set of road tyres so by the time the brakes got too hot and/or the tyres really started going off badly, it was a sign that I had spent too long doing hot laps ;D

They never completely went off on me though, which was nice, just started to feel a bit shite without too much loss of performance. So I never lost any confidence in them while out on the track. I did also back off any time that they did start to degrade to make sure that I wouldn\'t find out if they would ever completely give up on their job.

evowrx said:

Ive got bluestuff race only pads in my fronts 4 pot 315mm rotor. Cant pass judgement on an actual race track but in very spirited driving when they warm up it stops really really fast and is seriously touchy. When loading it up on the brakes while tuning they work insanely well. In normal driving when they arent warm it takes a bit more pedal pressure compared to old 2 pots with bendix GCT but are still functional. I get heaps of brake dust under heavy braking but price to pay I guess.

Should add I got them to brake fade but that was holding them on at 4k odd in 4th then loading it up thro that rev/load line then to the 4.5k/5k etc at boost till I got fade. Foot off for 10-20 sec then they were fine again. Probably almost 1min before they would fade.

Ive used yellowstuff/Ultimates. Ultimates only lasted 2 trackdays so wanted something a bit better that would last. Brake performance with the yellows was pretty good, never had them fade even after an 11 lap stint at end of the day. I got them because they are supposed ot last twice as long as most comparable pads, I am much too lazy to swap them out. They seem to work ok on the road as well, just dont expect to stop in a hurry in the first couple of km, just a bit noisey as well. In saying that I had no real issues with the performance of the ultimates, they just turned into dust after 2 trackdays.

Ultimates are OK for a few laps, you really don\'t want to use anything cheaper.

Back in the day another popular, affordable, choice was the Ferodo TS2000/Formula.

Much better performance than Ultimates once they have some heat in them.

Make sure your tyres are in good condition too as they will also influence your braking prowness.

Endless n35s I use awesome pads never once got brake fade on them. In all fairness though I only did 6 laps then my engine blew but up to that point pads were awesome.

newsuba said:

Ultimates are OK for a few laps, you really don\'t want to use anything cheaper.

Back in the day another popular, affordable, choice was the Ferodo TS2000/Formula.

Much better performance than Ultimates once they have some heat in them.

Make sure your tyres are in good condition too as they will also influence your braking prowness.

I have TS2000 in mine..

standard RS 2 pots.

Never had fade.

funkytown said:

cheaping on the brake pads... crashed your car..

so back at you champ... \'at what cost\' :P

Haha walked into that one. Just got off the phone to prosport and it\'s looking like endless pads are going to be close to $400 incl. GST for the fronts

Znoelli\'s on the other hand closer to $100

DacerX']

did you do my trick?

Haha not yet, haven\'t decided if I want to fork out a bit extra yet and I haven\'t heard any decent reviews about the Znoelli\'s yet

If I could get something decent for sub $300 a full set I\'d be happy.

[quote name='DacerX said:

at least hes not using silverlines

I have some brand new Repco rear pads sitting here but I don\'t think those will be touching the car haha

endless are now also doing another set of pads which are not as good as the n35s but more a road/track pad will be cheaper, mx72 they are called, prosport should have told you about them though if you called them..