• Raised $0.00

Looking at a 3.0R

twinturboboy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clintondane said:

Can anyone quantify the gains that are to be had?

Gone from average of 9.2km per litre to 13km per litre on the trip around town without a lead foot. Better driving from cold, better shifting when warm. Foot flat actually makes you go dam! it changes down much faster and rev out to 6500. So much better!

You can feel that it has alot more torque

• 3 weeks later...
 paulngui said:

Re sound comment (sure, this one\'s modified but still awesome):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3haSVYa4Vo#t=0m27s

great quote from the guys who\'s clip this is...

With the right ECU mods (Halltech interceptor) and intake and exhaust mods 150Kw at the wheels is easily achievable. On our car we achieved close to 170Kw ATW in the right weather even more. Which, is what you see in the video above. This was pushing the N/A ECU program to it limits and caused the engine check light to come on alot ;-) I\'d recommend that 150KW ATW is a safe and achievable target for N/A.

Currently own a 02 GT30 lowered on 18\'s 235/40 rolled guards .... was the car that converted me to own Subaru after years of highly modded V8\'s etc ...love the refined natural of the Subaru

For 2014 plan to Buy a 04-07 3.0 B-spec manual currently 3 in chch at the same yard already got a mate keen on buying my GT30 for $7500

#1 -get car-check service lube etc

#2-Mod exhaust / headers currently thinking Raptor headers ex.aussie twin 2.25 exhaust pipe high flow cats ...

#3-CAI intake etc

#4-ECU tune 200-220kw a.t.m ---150kw atw etc

#5-suspension /brake upgrades all depending on how I find them stock....I\'m finding my GT30 brake unhappy with some of are steeper down hill terrain

Overall am a passionate mech minded car nut that with work does 20,000-30kms per year why not include a passion into driving to and from work

• 2 weeks later...

Well am flying up to chch monday to BUY a mint NZ new 2004 3.0r auto premium model wagon ..

135kms on the clock(prob equal to 100k Japan import stuck in traffic KMs hours wise on motor)

-full tan leather /full electrics

-full chch winger service history from new(only one owner)

-brand new tyres

-panoramic sunroof

-8-airbags

etc

costing me some $3000 to upgrade from my 02 GT30 auto average condition

can\'t wait to drive the new model home ...even though it\'s not a manual think it will be great car that won\'t be hard to sell if I do have the cash to get a manual (likely 3-6k more to match this cars condition and extras)

jbmurc3.0 said:

Well am flying up to chch monday to BUY a mint NZ new 2004 3.0r auto premium model wagon ..

135kms on the clock(prob equal to 100k Japan import stuck in traffic KMs hours wise on motor)

-full tan leather /full electrics

-full chch winger service history from new(only one owner)

-brand new tyres

-panoramic sunroof

-8-airbags

etc

costing me some $3000 to upgrade from my 02 GT30 auto average condition

can\'t wait to drive the new model home ...even though it\'s not a manual think it will be great car that won\'t be hard to sell if I do have the cash to get a manual (likely 3-6k more to match this cars condition and extras)

sounds nice..don\'t get a ticket driving back!

Yes I am ....

already thinking what mods the new Legacy will get being a 3.0r it won\'t be much 10-15% more power realistic

Depending on funds I will be getting at set of these -http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=70

and a tune -APET Dunedin?- (have heard really get the auto trans working with the right trans tune as well)

better intake ...Filter ...HKS / AIRNIX filter ....custom CAI ... ,,,,

but first up Tints all round ....

jbmurc3.0 said:

Yes I am ....

already thinking what mods the new Legacy will get being a 3.0r it won\'t be much 10-15% more power realistic

Depending on funds I will be getting at set of these -http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=70

and a tune -APET Dunedin?- (have heard really get the auto trans working with the right trans tune as well)

better intake ...Filter ...HKS / AIRNIX filter ....custom CAI ... ,,,,

but first up Tints all round ....

APET? I can\'t remember if it was them or someone else but one company had a shocking reputation in Dunedin?

Apet is down south, spec is in christchurch

Youll hear stories about any workshop in the country, they wont stay in business if they dont do a good job, and they have been around a few years now

For what its worth could save yourself some $$ coming up to chch and having gotasuby work his magic with a reflash

Bad news spreads faster than good news, I try ask everybody who did/does/will be doing their tuning because if they hadn\'t mentioned it by that point of the conversation they\'ve more than likely had a good experience with them lol

I\'m always a big fan of people user tuners that are in that specific forum too, makes for common grounds between you and the tuner and they know that particular car inside out.

Roo said:

Bad news spreads faster than good news, I try ask everybody who did/does/will be doing their tuning because if they hadn\'t mentioned it by that point of the conversation they\'ve more than likely had a good experience with them lol

I\'m always a big fan of people user tuners that are in that specific forum too, makes for common grounds between you and the tuner and they know that particular car inside out.

and theyre not doing it for the money just for the passion. Well kinda.

Marky said:

Apet is down south, spec is in christchurch

Youll hear stories about any workshop in the country, they wont stay in business if they dont do a good job, and they have been around a few years now

For what its worth could save yourself some $$ coming up to chch and having gotasuby work his magic with a reflash

Yeah just drove the new legacy down from chch(Didn\'t have any spare funds or I would have got it tinted/tuned in chch)

looks like it come with AVCS issues will be dropping it off at my local Subaru workshop ...Dealer will pay... likely new solenoid ...outside that issue affecting power above 4000rpm was very impressed with the Gen 4 over my Gen 3 -- 3.0r ....much better fuel economy thanks to the 5spd box,all round major upgrade ..only parts I missed was the better wheels/tyres combo and lower harder suspension my old car had upgraded

I see I\'ve now got -1 Karma makes sense with todays AVCS issue .....

looks like its -2 now ? and wheels and springs at least you can change. I still really want to go to the wagon but it means that i have to sell me sedan that ive had for almost 2 years and tuned it as well. So not sure if its worth the upgade unless its the manual version but this then mrs can drive it

Well your in the right place is going be 3 manuals turning up at the chch dealer "Indy Cars" later this month go take one for a spin

I\'m going take one for the test drive next chance i get... is a tidy one down invercargill

I do understand they are much harder on fuel and can have a heavy pedal ...but I\'m sure the feedback the manual gives would far out-way the minor negatives it has ....

Auto wise the 5eat is great box and really suits the motor much better than the old 4eat ...certainly helped on the fuel use with the car returning 10.8lt per 100km some 20% better than the GT30 averages

Yes LOL what the hells the go with this karma :o

Right I was just going off my NZ service manual that come with my legacy can\'t remember the exact numbers but it was rated like 2lts more per 100kms more than the 5eat in urban conditions think highway it was round the same..

As for the heavy pedal that was from a Autocar review

..Going to need to save a few more dollars up before I can afford a tidy manual ideally NZ new ....time being 10k is all I can afford ......if I had the high teens to spend I\'d be looking at that manual in invercargill....

Plan is any money spent on the BP auto will be able to be fitted to the next BP legacy ....outside tints,tune etc

jbmurc3.0 said:

Right I was just going off my NZ service manual that come with my legacy can\'t remember the exact numbers but it was rated like 2lts more per 100kms more than the 5eat in urban conditions think highway it was round the same..

As for the heavy pedal that was from a Autocar review

..Going to need to save a few more dollars up before I can afford a tidy manual ideally NZ new ....time being 10k is all I can afford ......if I had the high teens to spend I\'d be looking at that manual in invercargill....

Plan is any money spent on the BP auto will be able to be fitted to the next BP legacy ....outside tints,tune etc

Outside tints?