Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

any club sub vinyl stickers?

steve118

K so I\'ll be a little rude... But why wouldn\'t you want them to be freely distributed? I never got that whole "you can\'t trust a racer" excuse. I\'d proudly display a clubsub sticker if it was offered. Coming from someone who has been there done that. If any complaints were made sure it\'d be a name an shame situation? I guess some people would be out of control with it but really paid members only? You know anyone could rip that logo off in 10mins right ?

• General Member
 slystiguy said:

K so I\'ll be a little rude... But why wouldn\'t you want them to be freely distributed? I never got that whole "you can\'t trust a racer" excuse. I\'d proudly display a clubsub sticker if it was offered. Coming from someone who has been there done that. If any complaints were made sure it\'d be a name an shame situation? I guess some people would be out of control with it but really paid members only? You know anyone could rip that logo off in 10mins right ?

The club name means something to a big number of those involved with it. The last thing we want is a the clubs name dragged through the mud because of stickers given out willy nilly and someone ends up on news, or killing someone etc.

I think its a matter of not putting the club in a position of disrepute if it can be avoided vs. getting a bad name and dealing with the fallout.

I think its a good policy personally.

Johnnynz']

[quote name='slystiguy said:

/quote]

The club name means something to a big number of those involved with it. The last thing we want is a the clubs name dragged through he mud because of stickers given out willy nilly and someone ends up on news, or killing someone etc.

I think its a matter if not putting the club in a position of disrepute if it can be avoided vs. getting a bad name and dealing with the fallout.

I think its a good policy personally.

Do you have to have a minimum number of post to become a paid member (i.e established members, 100+ meaningful posts or something like that) if not then "the paid only members get stickers" policy is pretty useless in terms of protecting the club from some bad publicity.

Same applies to allowing newly registered members to use WTB/WTS/WTT section - it should be a privilege imho (again minimum number of posts required before you can use the section), not just "I register, do my business straight away and then disappear without any contribution to the community". Been a co-admin of a forum for a while and this measure worked pretty well.

PS: what size stickers do one get? I.e I wouldn\'t really want a massive banner for the back window, something small that can still be spotted by a fellow clubsub member but doesn\'t look like Edaboc :D

• General Member

There all ideas that come up from time to time.

I agree being a paid member doesn\'t automatically make you the type of person who will represent the club appropriately but I think it also weeds out a large number of the ones who are munters because the process and outlay of cash means they move on.

As far as the sale sections my issue with it being closed to only paid members has always has been you cut down the options and end up with the same 5-10 cars and 20-30 parts being swapped back and forth between the same group of people. Making it open widens the range of whats available and realistically with how useless TM are nowadays its no less safe than Trademe.

I simply trade with people I know have a good rep on here or someone I can pickup from myself or have another club member I trust pickup for me and check the item over.

Johnnynz said:

As far as the sale sections my issue with it being closed to only paid members has always has been you cut down the options and end up with the same 5-10 cars and 20-30 parts being swapped back and forth between the same group of people. Making it open widens the range of whats available and realistically with how useless TM are nowadays its no less safe than Trademe.

I simply trade with people I know have a good rep on here or someone I can pickup from myself or have another club member I trust pickup for me and check the item over.

I\'m not saying paid members only, it\'s still visible to everyone else but only members with a minimum number of post, lets say 50, can post there.

TM never had any protection for buyers/sellers, never. All they say is we\'re sorry and take the matter to the disputes tribunal, been there, done that.

Buy the seller, not the (add appropriate) always works.

• General Member

Ah yup, I misunderstood your point first time. I agree a post limit is a good idea and that idea has come up a few times. I Cant remember why it wasnt done, Forum software couldnt handle it maybe?

- Aimed at Sobanoodle

Also agree with the point you make Rex-Leggy, my banner is ancient now but it still means everyone knows my car at the track or race meets. I get a lot of people who come and talk to me purely because they think they recognize the car, see the sticker and know its me.

sobanoodle said:

PS: what size stickers do one get? I.e I wouldn\'t really want a massive banner for the back window, something small that can still be spotted by a fellow clubsub member but doesn\'t look like Edaboc :D

+1 For a smaller sticker, for side windows/interior etc 100-150mm? Still show\'s affiliation/support/advertising without being a main identifying feature on an offenders vehicle. A Clubsub sticker could look quite fetching where my Nolothane sticker is:

w2ceApq.jpg

Could go one further with the Nubie/1000 posts/Paying member/Moderator/VP etc and start a Clubsub sticker \'Patch\' system ;)

As in the past this thread seems set to raise multiple questions all in one. :D

Paid membership; It\'s a choice, there is a Paid Members section on forums and there is some minor benefits currently but nothing to knock your socks off. It\'s $30 on first joining and $25 for renewal. It is simply a way to support the club maintaining the forums and activities. Simple to do and if interested PM me and I will send you the how. We do ask those wanting to be paid members attend an area meeting and meet the area rep. Call it a form of vetting if you want but works well and encourages participation locally as well as on the forum.

Stickers & Banners; On becoming a paid member you get a couple of small ClubSUB stickers which do help identify you to other members and are reasonably discreet, and a membership card. The larger banners are of a size suitable for front or rear windscreens. The purpose of having them available to paid members is simply to have some governance on there use. The logo is a significant identifier for the club. Yes, we cannot control its full use, but we can be responsible in managing where possible for all the those who have one on their car already.

For sale section; No one appreciates someone joining and immediately flogging their stuff. There is usually some comments when someone does that this looks after itself. I always feel a little uncomfortable when some post a rave about paying for something presented through the forums and didn\'t receive it or is part of a dispute! It happens, but rarely considering all the items that do get listed, and mods are pretty keen to try and get good outcomes. A common sense approach by buyer & seller is required. It always brings up some polarising comments though. All opinions welcomed and considered.

Post numbers doesn\'t necessarily match participation. Some post heaps but say and contribute very little. It can encourage trolling and frivolous posting to get the number up, rather than a good contribution. I am also aware of a number of members who hardly ever post but participate in other activities and locally with the club regularly.

Keep it coming it is interesting to see what members think about these things.

• 3 weeks later...

In saying that, (not to be a smart ass w*nker) are Clubsub banners required to be removed when we sell a car?

Otherwise we still run into the problem of muppets with the banner on cars causing carnage to the club rep.

Which would kindda negate the idea of paid members only.

• Admin

I (without even being a paid member, slacker huh?) reckon people should at least show up to a couple of meets first before they can become a member and get a banner - it\'s pretty easy to pick up if someone is a bit of a boyracer driving a shitbox that you don\'t really want parading the club banner around.

boon said:

I (without even being a paid member, slacker huh?) reckon people should at least show up to a couple of meets first before they can become a member and get a banner - it\'s pretty easy to pick up if someone is a bit of a boyracer driving a shitbox that you don\'t really want parading the club banner around.

Bit harder for those of us in areas like Tasman/Marlborough/West Coast where there is no area rep or setup Clubsub group active. There is forum members round here but nothing is organised. I can put my hand up to do some organising because its all stuff Ive done before but right now with my head the way it is its hard enough for me to organise myself let alone a group! We can turnup to Chch or Dunners when we are down there on trips or holidays. But its never a regular thing.