• Raised $0.00

issus with big amps

QRAF

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B-MAGIC said:

Thanks mate have asked to join. Yeah Im learning myself aswell. Gutted I never really was interested in loud sounds before so don\'t know anything about audio etc but Ive finally made up my mind to get into it so Im trying to get my car ready for the Automania SPL comp on april 6th.

Hoping two T4s will do the job lol

I\'ve asked around... one guy reckons. get two Sound Magnus DK1800 and one run amp per sub. But then another guys said don\'t waste my time with sound magnus and get one big comp amp.

I think I\'ll go for the one big amp idea lol

I have owned a couple of sound magnus amps and I feel that there not as good quality as some of the rewiews I have read online and never lasted more than a year, im now running a 12" T6 sub and a 1400w soundstream d tower amp. And that combo works perfectly fine

boon said:

Get another 3512 :) Especially if the one you have is Dual-4 (I think it is?)

Then you\'ll run 1800wrms/sub and it will get filthy loud.

um ok easier said than done as i got mine for $181 and there like $900 new on special lol

wasn\'t as easy as some make it sound

DSC_0846_zpscz6zrl8f.jpg

got some nice earthing going on now

DSC_0845_zpshg1cbpyh.jpg

things i need are a new head unit and battery.

There\'s a 640cca at the warehouse on special for about $180 so well look at getting that also looking at a 2nd hand 740cca on Monday.

And well wasn\'t expecting to get a new headunit but it doesn\'t take the rca leads i got so had to boogie something up.

I think i would run a dual purpose (semi-cylcic) battery or an old style lead acid battery rather than just fitting a bigger battery. Something that takes to discharge better than a calcium/calcium as it leads to premature failure

dbjury']

DSC_0837_zpswytaafto.jpg

Not sure that is 0 Guage unless you have massive hands. Mmm. But anyhow. It will flow some power.

Sent from my slutty assistant...

5285 strands audio cable bro mad sounds cable is only 5000 strands, pretty sure i just have big hands :P

volume is only at 30 but the headunit really lets it down :( well get more vids up when i\'m not at home and have my neighbors complaining that there pictures are falling off there walls across the road.

[quote name='Trends Car Audio & Alarms - Mattapo said:

I can do ya an optima for WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY less

How much is the question? and is the optima going to give me 6000amps? my friends got three optimas for his system.

just bought a Sony DSXS300BTX head unit for $259.95 to my door so that will be this weekends mission now to suss another battery as i got pulled over on Saturday night as my light were dimming.

Showed the cop the reason he just nodded and let me go with a warning to get it sorted.

dbjury said:

Strands doesn\'t mean anything. What is the width of copper? That will tell you what you have. I\'ll be interested either way. I\'ve just seen a lot of bullshit cable lately. And well. I hate oversold products. I\'ve installed 4guage that was same size as quality 8 gauge. They must measure the sheath also.

Sent from my slutty assistant...

ROFL. Most high-end cable is over 5000 strands for 0/00ga. Shok Industries is 5200ish, as well as Stinger. I agree that the cross section of copper is important, but if the strandcount is over 5000 for 0ga, that\'s a decent quality product.

As for the battery, that 7500 really would be overkill for your system. You can get 2 x the 3100 for the same price. That\'s what I\'d do, out of those two options..

thanks scoobydoo

but i found the spec sheet for the yellows tops

http://www.optima-batterien.eu/en/optima-products/yellowtop/technical-specs.html

my friend would sell me three of his for just over a grand with brackets Or do i just get the one XS D3100 as i\'m sure that would be enough with just another factory battery.

I was playing with it at work and i need to sort out something for the windows to stop them popping out.

Lol... do you expect do be pumping out enough dB\'s to pop windows? Don\'t over-estimate how good your system is.

The pillarless design of Subaru windows leak pressure, so I doubt you\'ll ever have anything to worry about in that respect.

The only thing you will probably loosen, if anything, is your rear view mirror. Been there, done that, and my highest ever was only 149dB.

8mm.. holy cow. Unless you\'re talking about High Density Foam, you don\'t need that thick. Even Dynamat Extreme is only like, 2mm at the most. I\'ve only had experience with a couple of different types of Sound Deadening - the foil-backed, tar-based DMX, and the asphalt based Fusion Deadening. DMX is by far better, and easier to work with.