Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

LED park lights

Andy_Mac

• Admin

Has anyone found any out there?

Having the park lights a different colour to the main HID bulbs has always annoyed the hell out of me. So i figure LED\'s will be the closest tone to that of the main bulbs.

Have seen a few on trademe but am kinda hesitant on buying that kinda stuff from there.

T10\'s fit the Number Plate Lights on my BH5. Park lights and Indicators are a Boyonet Cap type fitting with offset pins. Pull your Bulbs out and double check fittings before buying. ;)

Edit: Stubby T10\'s for Plate Lights too, normal 5xled ones are too long. I\'ve got single white LED\'s in mine.

I put these in mine, light distribution seems alright, only loss is the \'whiteness\' is pretty hard to see during the day compared to the standard filament bulbs. But at night, the colour is great. These ones are dual wattage too, so when you hit the indicator, the corresponding side will get brighter.

http://dx.com/p/1157-ba15d-3-25w-6500k-216-lumen-54x3528-smd-led-white-light-bulbs-for-car-pair-12v-94198#.Uv8Uk2S1Y1Y

• Admin

Do those match colour wise with the hid\'s. The hid\'s are 4300k and most of the leds are in the 6000k range. Assuming that result doesn\'t change between bulb types. I know 4000k fluoro\'s look way different to the 6000k ones. Suppose any whiteish tone is better than yellow really..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Admin

Na not for you sweed. The T10\'s are facelift be/bh only for park lights. The ones we need are a bayonet type. They are BAY15D if i remember correctly. It helps since there are quite a few different types that look quite similar.

Never found any in NZ other than trademe, was looking around on amazon and found a few but never got around to buying them.

sweedazz101 said:

Ahh ok, thanks Andy.

These look about right then? (albeit pricy)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=723499564

Get them off ebay - same stuff just 10 times cheaper with usually free shipping.

31mm DE3175 DE3022 3175 - pretty sure that\'s what I used for dome/map/door lights

T10 for the boot light (don\'t get anything super long - limited space there)

T20 for parking lights (rev D!!!)

That\'s according to my ebay purchase history from 2 years back.

seith_31 said:

Anybody heard of dealextreme.com

Led parkers for $2 usd (depends)

Free shipping!!!

dx.com is amazing, used it for years for all sorts of random goodness