Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Central Locking Module/Unit

Dirka

Ahoi hoi

I have 1998 V4 WRX GF8. Cenrtal locking not working on the unlocking side of things. I have Dynatron alarm to activate, have had car for approx 7 years.

Lost the unlocking about 12 months a go but it returned after a week or so and now its gone again.

Factory fob key also does not unlock doors.

Key in drivers door will only unlock drivers door. (unsure if this was always the case anyway)

Checked alarm wiring into CL line (yellow wire with silver spots) disconnect and lose locking aswell, reconnect and still no unlocking.

Checked CL fuse under hood. All good.

Replaced drivers door CL unit attached to mechanisms. No change. But without this in all doors still lock regardless (it is not the control unit like some cars)

So im at the point that I believe its the CL module. From google I understand its about the size of small cigarette packet. But where is it???

Anyone else expereinced this same issue of locking but not unlocking??

Cheers

Like anything can pack up from time to time. Think to find the module you pull the glovebox out and look into the side between where the glovebox was and the door and it\'s in there? Where it was on a legacy i did, horrible spot to get to

I believe its technically called Door Lock Timer . . . .

Found this thread also, http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/109378-door-lock-timer-location-95-legacy/?hl=timer

Its on our right side for RHD vehicles.

Behind air vent. Scoop screw driver in under, pops up, then lift it up and outward motion. Not overly easy but it clicks out.

Two 10mm nuts holding DLT bracket on. Removing under side of dash helps - one plastic pin/clip inside door area and two screws - one at bonnet release and other in bottom left corner near stereo surround/then it all just pops out and down, hangs there.

Vent out, lower dash hanging:

tfpx.jpg

Unit in close up:

dyk5.jpg

Inside of unit:

28ja.jpg

Under side of board: See how I have two black wires attached?? That is why I cannot remove without unsoldering. Is this part of aftermarket alarm install??

y2rz.jpg

Label with numbers:

v8n1.jpg

Side view with bracket attached:

62kq.jpg

Roo']

[quote name='Roo said:

Appears to be alarm/aftermarket remote related

/quote]looks factory to me. An alarm wouldn\'t come with brackets like that

Was referring to the two black wires snuck in and soldered on

oh. Yea your probably right

Those sneaky wires soldered to the door control unit appears to be the standard and simplest way to wire in an aftermarket alarm. I have been on the same journey of discovery.

Now you can find out if the alarm is buggered or the door lock timer or the door pump or the wiring or the connections ...