Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

EJ205-EJ206-EJ207-EJ208 Short Block Identification

Rosssub

Streetracer95']My block has stamped 30 in exact same place as the r20 block stamp and on the left hand head has stamped

Is it a 6 cylinder? EZ30?

[quote name='Streetracer95 said:

LH B009 can any one help with what motor this is at all thanks!!!

My original BH5B Legacy heads were LH B003 and RH B003. So possibly a rev D or rev E legacy.

Got any more info? Is the manifold fitted? Non AVCS?

EZ30 pic:

img]http://www.sponaugle.com/nasioc/H6Build/H6Buildup-7.jpg[/img]

Edited by Rosssub

I just bought a Sti version 6 Aus delivered and it's had a motor swap trying to figure out the motor that's the only number we've found on the block but it's definately not a 3 litre which is what 30 would mean I was thinking an old legy motor was a twin turbo oil lines blocked off on left side head and original manifold off the Sti still on there so I can't see it being the ej208

• 3 weeks later...

ok so got my engine out last night got curious today and found some interesting things

left hand head has LH B then 002T

XXceyB.jpg

Right Hand head has RH B 009

cyOu9G.jpg

as for the block it has 910

awHb2Z.jpg

keen to know about my heads as to me im thinking this is a mix match engine and im trying to work out why ive done a bearing lol

The 910 code on your short block is a bit of a curve ball...

The EJ208 has 710

The EJ205 has 716

The EJ207 has 701

Might be a N/A short block?

Post #7 in this thread mentions the 9?? codes are on N/A blocks:

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f103/question-about-my-new-sti-block-31076/

Post #5 here again says 9?? codes are for N/A blocks:

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/need-help-identifying-2-5-a-29607/

Well thats a curve ball thanks heaps for all your help rosssub guess I've got to get a new block now lol glad I've found this out before I went about rebuilding it looks like the guy lied when I brought it and had slapped a few engines together made it run and sold it to me

• 2 weeks later...
 markw336']Well thats a curve ball thanks heaps for all your help rosssub guess I've got to get a new block now lol glad I've found this out before I went about rebuilding it looks like the guy lied when I brought it and had slapped a few engines together made it run and sold it to me

Sweet, I wonder what the CR was at? No wonder it didn't like the quarter mile too much.

[quote name='evowrx said:

Pics in my garage for EJ257 ross.

Sweet, I'll add it to the list. Is that a version 10 EJ257? JDM?

Been trying to find out what my block is but can’t for the life of me locate this S20C/R20 code without having to pull heaps of stuff off. What’s the best place to get a cheeky peak? i managed to locate the EJ20 stamp and next to it was another 713 stamp that is different from the above EJ208 codes. Which does not surprise me as it’s a Rev-D. Basically what I’m trying to find out is if it is stamped S20C as the v7 EJ207 is. Possibility it’s a semi-closed deck in the Rev-D?

Added some more info to the OP.

Bore wall and stiffener thickness changes through the EJ207:

S20C -- 9.6mm  Version 7/8 EJ207

T20C --- 9.6mm Version 9 EJ207

W20C - 13.2mm Version 10 EJ207

Version 10 STI block W20C beside the Version 7/8/9 S20C/T20C:

BCjrKqP.jpg

Then also some crankshaft differences:

12200AA210 - BE/BH EJ206/EJ208 ---------------- OEM cross drilled crank

12200AA240 - Version 5/6/7 STI EJ207/EJ205 -- OEM cross drilled crank

12200AA270 - Version 8/9 STI EJ207 GDBC ---- OEM double cross drilled and nitrated crank (better oiling and hardened - black colouring)

12200AA390 - Version 10 STI EJ207 GRB ------- OEM double cross drilled and nitrated crank (better oiling and hardened - black colouring)

JDM Version 5/6/7 STI EJ207 - cross drilled crankshaft:

s-l1600.jpg

Version 8/9/10 STI EJ207 - double cross drilled and nitrated crankshaft:

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I am sure this is a long shot looking at the dates of these post, but I have what is suppose to be a EJ207 V7 and two of the three numbers match but the Left Head shows LHC 008 on it. Trying to confirm if the head is the same for the V7 or from another version but the same specs? 

Edited by djravechild