Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Software for tuning V5-? eculabs

Looks very interesting. i would love to have my V5 tuned or even checked out to make sure everything is as it should be but afaik there is almost no options available for this without getting a aftermarket computer?

Hi guys!

My name is Emmanuel, I\'m the developer behind EcuLabs. I\'ll answer all your questions about the product ;)

loner: the software is a standalone map editor and flashing tool. However to correctly tune a car you need some monitoring. You can use any monitoring software you want for that, like RomRaider which is free.

In addition of the software, the package includes base maps for the Impreza WRX & STI, Forester Turbo and Legacy Twin-Turbo, and an access to a dedicated support forum with docs, guides and wiring diagrams.

Today hundreds of cars are running with this in France, Belgium, Holland, UK, Swiss, Germany and Australia.

Emmanuel said:

Hi guys!

My name is Emmanuel, I\'m the developer behind EcuLabs. I\'ll answer all your questions about the product ;)

loner: the software is a standalone map editor and flashing tool. However to correctly tune a car you need some monitoring. You can use any monitoring software you want for that, like RomRaider which is free.

Hi Emmanuel.

I think I miss-understood before, I hadn\'t looked properly. You are selling firmware updates, the tuning

software is third party?

Thanks

The EcuLabs package is made of:

- new firmwares with advanced functions

- a new flashing system (quicker and more reliable than OEM)

- the map editor and reflash tool (the tuning software named EcuLabs Studio)

- full dedicated support

As with other solutions you need some additional things to do a good tune:

- a car ;)

- a cable to connect to the car

- a wideband sensor and its controller

- a detcan or other knock monitoring tool

- an ECU monitoring tool

I can supply the additional tools (except the car) with the package if you want, but usually the tuners already have all of them, that\'s why the product put the focus on the important part: ECU tuning and reflashing.

I\'ll post some screenshots from the dedicated support site.

Know anyone running this on the jdm ecus? Thats basically all we have here, i know there are a few wiring differences between the edm and jdm units, however the comms protocol is similar. Jdm ones are dedicated to the ssm protocol, unsure on the edm units. All things considered, this could solve many headaches for nz enthusiasts!!!!!

Emmanuel said:

As with other solutions you need some additional things to do a good tune:

- an ECU monitoring tool

Please excuse my stupidity, but what is the requirement for an additional ECU monitoring tool? thanks.

Apart from the wiring difference (cam/crank sensors inverted and fuel pump wire moved) the V5/V6 EDM and JDM ECUs are compatible, the OEM code is the same. The EDM version even has the IAT input ready.

We have JDM imports here too and a lot of them are running EcuLabs with success, and the Legacy B4 Twin-Turbo too.