Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Ask your tuning questions here!

gotasuby

Sakon from what i gather yours is a 2.5xtr or near enough. But .63 housing vs .73 or whatnot so hardly apples.

Small housing big turbine works record holding gsr in nz proved that as have many others contrary to the garrett turbine housing flow map raadeera. Mhi do well with small housing big turbine its all about power level, boost target, egbp setup etcetc.

Edited by evowrx

evowrx said:
Sakon from what i gather yours is a 2.5xtr or near enough. But .63 housing vs .73 or whatnot so hardly apples.

Small housing big turbine works record holding gsr in nz proved that as have many others contrary to the garrett turbine housing flow map raadeera. Mhi do well with small housing big turbine its all about power level, boost target, egbp setup etcetc.

Blouch turbo has a billet compressor wheel. Does the ATP unit have a billet compressor wheel?

KingCole']Blouch turbo has a billet compressor wheel. Does the ATP unit have a billet compressor wheel?

[quote name='D1Style said:

Last piece of the puzzle arrived today :)

url=http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=tkqdrbq2.zeg.jpg]tkqdrbq2.zeg.jpg[/url]

Car has also been booked in for a dyno tune.

Keen to see what the results will be and how much better the car will be to drive!

Not his one.

so I got myself a link g3 today. I don't really know much about them haha. This one looks to be quite an old version see photos..

What do I need to get this up and running? And what else should I look at doing on my old ver 1/2 wrx setup? Map sensor upgrade?

IAT sensor is one I know of

Injectors I am looking into still

Snapchat-6342423918891487618_zpswgxxbuju

Snapchat-7034579364909005637_zps3b2ydgrx

• 2 months later...

Yea that's my problem I have a vid of it but have no idea if can upload it on here anybody had that be for on a 2001 gtb rev-d ? Also have no boost at all and a leak on the up pipe for the primary turbo couldn't that be the reason why I'm not getting any boost?

Put my megasquirt enhanced in my mx5 the other day, this tuning stuff is completely new to me bu an interesting learning experience. Ive only got as far as fuel maps so far however, ignition scares me :P I also need to sort out my starting as it takes a bit longer to crank over than the stock ecu. Planning on trying to learn as much as I can while its na, since its also pretty hard to blow it up while its NA, before going forced induction.

• Admin

Ignition maps do my head in. I honestly can't work out a decent way to absolutely optimise them other than steady-stating it on a dyno and watching the torque go up as you advance it.

I don't think you'll get enough consistency with a virtual dyno unless you have an airport runway or a drag strip or similar to test it on.

From my limited understanding of road-tuning you basically wind it out to the edge of knock then retard it 2 degrees for safety...

boon said:
Ignition maps do my head in. I honestly can't work out a decent way to absolutely optimise them other than steady-stating it on a dyno and watching the torque go up as you advance it.

I don't think you'll get enough consistency with a virtual dyno unless you have an airport runway or a drag strip or similar to test it on.

From my limited understanding of road-tuning you basically wind it out to the edge of knock then retard it 2 degrees for safety...

Yeah thats what ive heard too. I think itll be safer if i just get them to do it on the dyno. If my fuel maps are mostly ok, ive got it down to around 13.1 afr on WOT im guessing it wont take too long for someone who sells the ecu to do setup the ignition timing on a mostly stock NA car. Im currently just running an ignition base map.

• Admin
 Marky said:
Can't you use manifold vacuum as a measure as well - more vac being pulled at steady throttle = it's doing things easier?

NFI how this works on a turbo motor though. There's a fairly fascinating video on YT of a realtime engine dyno as they progressively advance the timing.

Open question which is relevant to this thread

For evo 4-9, a common simple DIY change is throwing on one of the Ralliart maps, there's a couple around and its cheap easy horseypowers and it's "factory vetted" so to speak

Why is this not something commonly done with WRX/Forester? For arguments' sake the maps for the S204 etc are available online, and are factory set maps to suit a motor which is broadly identical to the normal STi (just a free flow muffler, different tune and that's it yeah?)

Just thinking out loud I guess

Because, unfortunately, most of the owners of reflashable subarus are either not interested or are more interested in "sticking in a tap and wind dat boost up g"

Yes it can be done

I started my v7 tune with the s202 s203 avcs timing and boost maps.

The biggest issue with subies is that they keep resizing the maf housing, so unfortunately theres a bit more to it than just flashing a map over. You actually need to make sure the thing is happy

Hi,

I have a 2005 Legacy GT Manual ECU that I had tuned at NZEFI. The car itself had a bunch of supporting modifications.

I am now reverting it all back to stock and want to reflash the ECU to a stock tune. Can anyone in Christchurch help me with this? any help would be appreciated.