Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Pre bent roll cage kits

Nic

I know of a guy down here in chch who supplies a lot of people but prob not much help if you\'re in Auckland. Could try contacting a local motorsport car club up there to see if they could point you in the right direction rather than asking around workshops?

Koom said:

I know of a guy down here in chch who supplies a lot of people but prob not much help if you\'re in Auckland. Could try contacting a local motorsport car club up there to see if they could point you in the right direction rather than asking around workshops?

Shipping\'s no problem. Im just after the tubes pre-bent and scolloped ready to weld in, then I will take care of the rest.

Nic']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

Shipping\'s no problem. Im just after the tubes pre-bent and scolloped ready to weld in, then I will take care of the rest.

There not prepped to just weld in . That needs to be done when its being put it in the car .

well that\'s if its the same guy in chch i got mine off.

I don\'t think you can get ready to weld kits and if you could i wouldn\'t want one. There is to many variables to allow for.

rex-leggy']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

There not prepped to just weld in . That needs to be done when its being put it in the car .

I don\'t think you can get ready to weld kits and if you could i wouldn\'t want one. There is to many variables to allow for.

Yeah at a guess you\'d have to get a big dollar kit from an overseas outfit like Sparco or maybe Prodrive? If you wanted a full on ready to weld in kit (even then I\'m not sure if they\'d be scalloped).

Koom']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

Yeah at a guess you\'d have to get a big dollar kit from an overseas outfit like Sparco or maybe Prodrive? If you wanted a full on ready to weld in kit (even then I\'m not sure if they\'d be scalloped).

Yes there are kits that are weld in pre bent/pre scolloped, with base plates etc supplied. All to MSNZ specs. They are no different to a normal custom built cage, its just a cost and time effective way to build a cage if you have the fabrication skills to fit them.

I was referred to a group called Mc Carn or Mac Cairn motorsport or something along those lines in Christchurch that does these kits to MSNZ specs. I just cant seem to find them, probably as I cant spell the name. Does those names or similar ring any bell to anyone down there?

Koom said:

That\'s the name. Couldn\'t remember what his last name was.

It\'s spelt McCahon btw. Dave McCahon from Racecraft Engineering.

http://m.finda.co.nz/business/listing/4pnlrl/racecraft-engineering/

But I\'ve only ever used un-scalloped kits from him.

yup dave supplys the hoops and laterals pre bent,supplys to alot of cage builders nation wide as well so will just need to supply your chassis code and away you go. but not notched, and youll still have to notch all your strait pipes

Koom']

[quote name='Optical said:

Palmside used to do them too

/quote]

I don\'t know for sure, but seeing as how incestuous the rally fraternity is down here, I bet Palmside supply cages that have been pre-bent by Dave.

yup, lots of cage builder use prebent hoop and laterals by dave, mine in but got done by another builder, have a mate that works at another and all theres is as well

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys

Racecraft Engineering is alive and well! We make rollcage kits for more than 350 car models, jet boats, marathon boats and off-roaders.

We have now produced more than 6900 kits, and export to 7 countries.

Our standard 6-point cage kits are $550 including GST, and are guaranteed to comply with all Motorsport NZ regulations.

Check our website    www.rollcages.co.nz, and give us a call on 0274 341 541. We deliver all over the world!

• Like 2