Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fitting cruise control

richnorm

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

Yeah that's not a bad idea, do you know which group/page that was on? 

Half the Subaru pages are just for-sale groups now, which is annoying. Guessing maybe NZ Subaru Enthusiasts? 

Might have to put a post up somewhere.

Nah no idea which one it was. Just post up the question in as many as you're part of. Or just try message An Lal / CCT directly in messenger.

• Like 1

• Subscribed Member
Just now, Andy_Mac said:

Nah no idea which one it was. Just post up the question in as many as you're part of. Or just try message An Lal directly in messenger.

Sweet, migh tjust have to! I'll keep this thread updated if I find anything out :)

• Like 1

I don't think the SSM3 user manual mentions programmable modules, found a user manual for the '11 STI that didn't include cameras at least just with a quick PDF search.   Wish I could get SSM3 running DIY style but needs an expensive SDI/DST-I or VX-DIAG adaptor to play.  Downloaded SSM4 will work with Tactrix Openport for later model years, this ebay dude reckons SSM4 works Impreza/Crosstrek 2012-2020 & WRX 2015 – 2020.  This post reckons Crowe Motorsports in CHCH have experience with retro fitting CC .

There's a component diagram page 2983 of the '11 STI Factory Service Manual do your cars have the neutral or clutch sensor switches ? Diagram should be attached 

2011-FSM-CC.png

As far as I am aware, for a simple plug and play deal you can use FreeSSM to check whether Cruise Control has been integrated into the PCM. I have an '05 BPE Manual, Import, without cruise buttons/switches fitted, though the computer indicates it has been pre-programmed (by the green tick) and would only need the necessary hardware to 'activate' the system

49747995001_c5848479bc_z.jpg

• Subscribed Member

Yeah, have the switches etc ion the pedals, and also the steering wheel controls now. 

Sadly my BT adapters don't seem to want to connect to this car, so the only actual adapter I have at the moment is a Tactrix cable, which FreeSSM doesn't support :(

On 2/04/2020 at 11:18 AM, Technikhaus said:

I've got a Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 Rev H, and a few random bluetooth adaptors. 
FreeSSM doesn't pick up a Serial port when I connect the Tactrix, but RomRaider will connect to the ECU.

The dev edition of FreeSSM now works with Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and shows ECU CC info on my '07 3.0R.  Not sure if it will talk to newer cars such as your '11 but might be worth a go as you have Tactrix.  

FreeSSM-dev.png

freessm-dev-modules.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscribed Member
On 8/05/2020 at 11:44 PM, Greaver said:

Did you have any luck technikhaus?

Ive just purchased a JDM 2011 STI manual and I definitely want to add cruise control to it

Not as of yet sadly, haven't had a chance to get a good scanner on it :(

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, GregNZ said:

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2009 5th Gen legacy? The manual that i found online was for USDM and I don't think it is right for wring up the cruise control.

Any Help would be appreciated

try https://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Legacy_Outback/

On that site the PDF manuals tend to be US market , the web versions match JDM better. Check the identification section under general description against your chassis number, my imported 07 is an 08 JDM model year .

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...